Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 02-05-2005, 11:16 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i gave AAron a Duct Tape calander, and tonight he was sitting there reading outloud to his friends when I heard him say that you could tape the dog's foot to keep it from getting cut in rough terrain. I don't know about regularly for dogs feet sweat so but if a person had an emergency..like your in the car..it breaks down and you don't want to walk (guess who doesn't have a cell phone) long way down a road that could have glass and who nows what....it might not be a bad idea to throw a roll in the first aid dog box. just thought I would throw that in for what it is worth.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Felurian

Not a bad idea! My only question, though, is how do you get your dog to walk instead of stopping and trying to pull the tape off of his feet every few steps?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-06-2005, 04:18 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

haha i just meant in an extreme emergency. I had to walk both of mine about a mile recently. My cars are always old and always breaking down..it is my specialty in life! When you walk down the highway there is broken glass, metal parts, and a close up view of more roadkill then u ever imagined. Skinny ol Vics pads are tender and as pink as a baby. I think if i had it with me I could tape him up and do a quick trot down the asphalt without having to pick my way through the tall grass where you got broken bigger pieces of beer bottles and oh gag, the road kills!
Old 02-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Felurian

I refer to my cars as "venerable," lol. I love them all, and they're very good to me. When something goes wrong (rarely) it always happens either close enough that I can get home or somewhere I can get it taken care of without a problem. It's kind of become a happy joke with my friends. They've learned not to laugh when I bring another one home and take it out on the road to bond with it!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-06-2005, 08:32 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My mechanic uses words like posessed... and not you again...and it never breaks down close to something..always! always in the tundra or the back 40. You must pay homage to the great car gods....they don't like me!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Top Dog

Canine Therapies: What would it take to talk you into selling something? I love to cook and make things like balms and soaps, but I'm so kitchen-cursed that it never turns out right! I could burn a cold salad!!