Giant All Chazzer Meetup Attempt Planning Thread No. 3

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I know we tried this last year and it fizzled out due to location, or rather, the inability to pick a specific location. :lol-sign:

So let's try again! We've got a lot of new people.

I'll make a poll when we get enough ideas so for now, use this thread to answer the following questions.

What month?
Where would you prefer?
How far would you be willing to travel?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'll be in Boston, so north-eastish location would be nice. but I'm pretty open to travel...
that said, I don't drive sooo hopefully somewhere (taxi distance) from a major airport lol

Month wise, as long as it's on the weekend lol we're fine.
I wanna say August month wise.. weather is nice, most people start school later in august. Tickets are cheap. Fall weather is lovely.

and if we don't do it during a warm month.. can we please go somewhere where the weather is warm? Lol I don't want to take a trip from cold to cold.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Month: Not October, not September. Preferably a weekend.
Where: Midwest
How Far: Probably 4-5 hours

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Month: Preferably a month in which it isn't beastly hot. I vote May/June
Where: I second the Midwest
How far: 4-6 hours

k9krazee

Preferably a weekend, I have a very strict every other Saturday-Tuesday off deal, so hopefully the dates fall right ;) Any month. I'm in Michigan and would be willing to travel any distance really, I'm always up for a road trip.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Right now:
Month: End of May/Early June
Travel: Doesn't matter. If I have a car and the extra money, I can travel to Texas or Montana or anywhere in between/around lol

Saeleofu

Month: Not October, not September. Preferably a weekend.
Where: Midwest
How Far: Probably 4-5 hours

Pretty much this, except I'll add not May or July. Depending on where it is, I may be willing to travel a little further (for example I've wanted to vist the Chicago-ish area anyway, so if it's near there I may be able to swing it even though it's a longer drive).

If I have to fly I pretty much can't go, because I'd really like to bring BOTH dogs. And flying is freaking expensive.

What month? I'm pretty free all the time. I do have a week in July marked off for a week trip with the in-laws
Where would you prefer? I'd prefer NE, but the Midwest. I live in NY and my parents are in Ohio. So, whatevs
How far would you be willing to travel? I don't like flying alone, so I'd rather it be driving distance (4ish hours) from NW Ohio or NY.

AliciaD

On second thought...
June, July, August
NH
New England-ish, specifically, Vermont, NH, Maine, or Mass. I don't think I can go any farther.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm moving end of July so I can't do then... August or Sept I could prob do... I could even do May or June. I'm in Virginia and as long as I can convince Josh then I can travel... I could even take a couple local chazzers with me in my escape and we could all pitch in for gas to make it more affordable for us to go. As for how far we travel... Just depends on gas prices... Prefer east coast obviously, but considering Chazzers are everywhere I understand if that is not an option. I would obviously have Cricket with me, but wouldn't be bringing Bamm for obvious reasons.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I'm moving end of July so I can't do then... August or Sept I could prob do... I could even do May or June. I'm in Virginia and as long as I can convince Josh then I can travel... I could even take a couple local chazzers with me in my escape and we could all pitch in for gas to make it more affordable for us to go. As for how far we travel... Just depends on gas prices... Prefer east coast obviously, but considering Chazzers are everywhere I understand if that is not an option. I would obviously have Cricket with me, but wouldn't be bringing Bamm for obvious reasons.
If TJ and I come up in late may/early june, and if the meet and greet is that time, we can all ride together and of course we'd help pay for gas.
If the meet and greet isn't then, then we can have our own little Chaz meet and greet LOL

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Depends... Kids or no kids? Lol

I won't travel anywhere that will mean we have to fly ( so basically anywhere other than east coast is out lol). No kids means we are out completely. September is out as we have two trips planned that month

Other than that ... We are good lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
One note on the Denver-area...where I'm at is not included in the BSL idiocy nor would any activities planned be taking place within those areas either.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'd be willing to converge on Zoom! If it's later in the year, like August/september or later, I can probably do it.

I would have Eve in tow (I know I pass her off as a dog-eating monster, but she's actually quite civil and would handle on-leash events just great) and probably Tony's little white dog, Dusky, who is much friendlier than Eve is.

Eta: Heck, I could probably do east coast too, if I'm in Ohio again by then. I really really want to make it to this meet, it's been years and years and it's about time I see some of my favorite faces.

Saeleofu

I could probably do Denver area if it's later in the year but before winter. It's 8 hours away, but most likely doable.

What month? Doesn't matter.
Where would you prefer? Somewhere Midwestern-ish.
How far would you be willing to travel? I don't/can't fly, so it would have to be within driving distance. If it was outside of Minnesota, I would probably only be able to go if I could carpool with my fellow Minnesota Chazzers!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ya I won't fly either.... Don't want to deal with TSA and I'd like to bring Cricket since she goes everywhere with me and not sure how comfortable I feel about putting her on a plane.

Members online

No members online now.