Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Default Dad shoots laptop because of FB post

Just wondered what you all think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU
Old 02-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Are you dead yet?

lol, it made me laugh. I say good job to that guy, honestly.

I hate how entitled some kids act. "I won't be there to take care of you when you're old because you make me clean the house".... Yeah.... Looks to me like she was living in pure torturous poverty, that poor poor thing.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
lol, it made me laugh. I say good job to that guy, honestly.

I hate how entitled some kids act. "I won't be there to take care of you when you're old because you make me clean the house".... Yeah.... Looks to me like she was living in pure torturous poverty, that poor poor thing.
Yeah, that! That guy is awesome

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Top Dog

Thought it was HILARIOUS.

But as someone who has worked with a lot of the tech she had I cringe every time I hear a parent purchased their 15 year old an iPad, iPod and Laptop.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:28 PM
<------

lol ida put "post this on your status" lol
Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Squishy face

The chores they have for her, as described by her father, don't seem unreasonable. It sounds like she was acting like a spoiled brat, and probably put that post on her facebook page so that her friends would think she was cool.

I don't really agree with shooting the laptop though, that seems wasteful. I would have just taken it away, had it wiped, and donated it someone who needed it!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

we have a cleaning lady, her name is Linda, not hannah

I can't help but think of all the harsh lessons that will be coming this young girls way in the future with an attitude like that.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Obey the Toad.

Parenting win.

She might as well learn early on that what you post on the web on social networking page can and will come back to bite you in the a$$. Think before you type people--it's not that difficult. I also enjoyed the comments about the poor mistreated child has a right to vent to her friends, yada, yada, yada. She absolutely has a right to vent to her friends, but amazingly enough, teenagers were bitching to their friends about their parents loooong before not only FB, but *gasp*, the internet! If you are going to say those things about your parents, at least have the brains to NOT POST IT ON THE WEB--especially if you have been in trouble for FB related offenses before (and therefore your parents are obviously paying attention) and have a dad in IT.

Honestly, I was that kid who had a comfortable life and whined about having to do chores that I wasn't paid for (the horror!!). That FB post could have been written by a disgruntled teenage me. My poor mother and I went around and around about that during my teenage years--I think I will have to show her this video--lol

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Ok, I will be in the minority.

Saw this all day on FB and it really really upsets me. Yes, the daughter was acting like an immature brat (as teen are wont to do) So the dad's equally immature rant is somehow ok? How in the world is his rant supposed to fix anything? If a teenager is having feelings like that instead of mocking and assuming entitlement issues, perhaps get to the ROOT of the problem instead of proving you are a complete hypocrite. Dont you dare curse (as he curses) Dont you dare vent to your friends about family (while I freaking make a youtube video of myself doing it) You better learn the value of money (while I shot your laptop...no thats not a complete waste of money at all...talk about respecting money).

I understand the father's anger but think his reaction is completely ridiculous and shows exactly where his daughter got this behavior.

She is a teen, they rant, they rave, everything is the end of the world. They overreact. How about be a parent and act mature. Dont react back and feed it.

And no, I am sorry, I think it is ridiculous to demand a 15 year old get a job. He wasnt saying hey, you want all these extras you need to work (which is reasonable) but more of you are 15 and you better have a **** job.

I am sorry, but I find this father's reaction sickening.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

Oh, and to add.

My mom and I were talking about it. At first I just described it to her and she was "on the dad's" side in a sense. She was talking about entitlement issues, disrespect, etc. Then she watched it.

First words out of her mouth "Yeah, he is an idiot. Thats awful"