Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Animal Lover

I would say beagle mix. I don't really see any coonhound. So sorry for your loss. She was beautiful.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

The coloring reminds me of my Lady

Even down to the white over a darker brown. She was ACD/Border Collie. The coloring and body looked sooo familiar on the pic in the top row on right corner. So maybe ACD mixed with some sort of hound?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Active Pup

Default Kindly help me

I'm sorry that there may not write, please tell me where the Panel feedback page , or contact , and do not find it?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoundgirl View Post
I would say beagle mix. I don't really see any coonhound. So sorry for your loss. She was beautiful.
even though it will sound that way, i don't mean it in a rude way. you need to see more coonhounds. i can open issues of full cry, american cooner & coonhound bloodlines and find at least one registered english that looks just like her (only bigger). working bred dogs just aren't cookie cutter like show bred dogs. an individual line often will be but the breed as a whole will be all over the map. american coonhound breeds have ancestry from all over western europe and their conformation will reflect that.
for that matter working beagles show a lot of variation. w/ a little effort i can find grade & registered beagles that not only look exactly like her, but are the same size.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Animal Lover

.............. whatever you say. I know my hounds, thank you very much. I have a coonhound, who are you to say I need to see more? I have seen plenty and know what they look like. Your comment is laughable that I need to see more.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

Honestly, all I see is Beagle, just not a well bred one, and very sweet looking. I'm so sorry for your loss.