Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 02-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoundgirl View Post
They are very cute! I definately think that Willis is a Kelpie.
There are pretty much no Kelpies in the United States, and the few that are here are highly likely owned by responsible people who wouldn't drop them off at a shelter. In Australia they are everywhere, but in the US Kelpies are a rare breed.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Well I have seen quite a few of Kelpies at my shelter. He does look to have some in him. He is handsome regardless! I hope he and the other cuties get a good home. Also, just because they are rare doesn't mean they can't end up in a shelter.

Dixie Loo - 2009 Schnauzer Mix
Rudy Roo - 2008 Airedale Terrier Mix
Buster - Forever loved and missed. 1-10-04 - 12-1-14

Last edited by thehoundgirl; 02-07-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Top Dog

He looks all smooth coat BC to me! Please send him to ID, he is my dream BC!!!!

My parent's friends/neighbors imported a little Kelpie bitch quite a few years ago, she looks nothing like that dog. She's a **** good cow dog though! They bred her and their old McNab male and kept two of the pups as replacement cow dogs. All others went to working ranch homes too. They run a little over a hundred head of cows and raise working ranch QH's. Their new male dog is actually a nephew of their old boy who passed. He is a HAM! Anyway I digress.. will shut up now about random dogs I know!

I agree that Steele looks a little Sibe... something about his build from the side really screams Sibe. My neighbor's Akita's and the one's I've met in shelter were much more square in build. With that pretty agouti coloring and that trot he reminds me a LOT of Lily. So pretty! You can also send him to ID, then we can has a very eclectic sled team!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Felurian

Send Steele and Sonar now. Kthxbye. <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian