Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Iunno, I mean, to an extent, it's something you expect to live with when you decide to live with roommates. I understand her point of view, I mean, I work later rather than the day shift, so if I'm going to be doing anything really, it's going to be at night. I keep it down, but I also live rent free at my parents. I'm assuming that these issues with sleeping with noise didn't just turn up overnight, and you knew your room would be right by the main living area, so it should have been thought of/discussed before deciding to live there. Especially if moving up to her room would mean being right by the other roommate who would also be trying to sleep, and not expecting the noise since she is not right by the main living area.

Other than asking her nicely to turn it down, all you can really do is try the earplugs Fran showed.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Felurian

You might try a white noise machine, too.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Squishy face

Thanks guys for all the input.

Yes I did know I was moving into the den right off the living room, however when we moved in everyone worked day hours, my roommate didn't land her night shift job until a couple months in to living here.

But like I said, most of the time living here is great. If I were a normal person, I could probably handle having people around a lot, but I'm not a normal person. I am a person who actually mentally can't tolerate a lot of people and noise for hours at a time. With my roommates and some of their friends, it doesn't bother me to have them over because they have become part of this place. With others, enough is too much! I went through similar anxiety at Thanksgivings past when I was around my family and tons of people and noise at the mall. My anxiety shot up, and I actually flipped out at my mom for touching me (she was straightening my shirt collar).

I'm just trying to find ways to be more like normal people and less like me.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!