Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Dakota, lots of other people have said this, but I'll add in. I don't think its strange at all. Back about 10-12 years ago, I had a very, very early miscarriage. I had had no idea that I was (ever so briefly) pregnant, and certainly didn't want to be, but I was depressed for days.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Resident fainting goat

Getting off/on BC is tough on the hormones, getting off my BC (I wanted to start another type) put me into a crying/emotional sappy mes. I was like that for WEEKS

The way I see it babies are like getting a tattoo on your face. It never goes away and will change your life forever. Commit to it 100% and be willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING (money, time, sleep, relationships, potential futures, dreams, your significant other, a sex life, friends, a life etc..) and be able to think about/deal with EVERY worse case scenario (significant other leaving you, losing his/your job, not going to school, how you will afford x, y, or z) or don't even try to do it.

I would really take Paiges/zooms advice to heart and WAIT When it comes to something as HUGE as starting a family, there is no such thing as being too prepared.. and there is plenty of time for babies.

Babies are born in less than "ideal/perfect" situations and people do make it work and have happy, healthy perfect kids! but to actually try when not 100% ready.. that is a choice that you can't undo/re-think after the fact. It's also a choice that can build up A LOT of resentment/anger in couples and individuals (Towards themselves, towards each other and worse than anything, towards the child.) who look back and realize they aren't ready and things are NOWHERE NEAR as simple as their "plans".

Now, as for "normal". I found out recently that I won't even be able to have kids. I didn't even lose a child, I lost the "Potential" and that made me really sad. So yea, "normal" isn't really a solid term lol

just my 2 cents
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 PM
and Spy.

Dak I figured that was what you meant but just wanted to clarify I know someone who had a teen pregnancy and she was looked down on a lot for some of the decisions she made, which included sometimes dropping her son off at the grandparents house. She had him at 18 and it was a major event in her life. He is now much older and everything worked out great, but learning to be a good mom was a process, it didn't happen overnight. Sometimes I feel like teen moms and young parents are looked down on for trivial things (like not always feeling 'blessed', being upset over some losses in other aspects of their life like some freedom, etc) and people forget that at 18 and 19 and even 20, a lot of people aren't done developing yet and their brain is still growing. They are not fully mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Getting off/on BC is tough on the hormones, getting off my BC (I wanted to start another type) put me into a crying/emotional sappy mes. I was like that for WEEKS

The way I see it babies are like getting a tattoo on your face. It never goes away and will change your life forever. Commit to it 100% and be willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING (money, time, sleep, relationships, potential futures, dreams, your significant other, a sex life, friends, a life etc..) and be able to think about/deal with EVERY worse case scenario (significant other leaving you, losing his/your job, not going to school, how you will afford x, y, or z) or don't even try to do it.

I would really take Paiges/zooms advice to heart and WAIT When it comes to something as HUGE as starting a family, there is no such thing as being too prepared.. and there is plenty of time for babies.

Babies are born in less than "ideal/perfect" situations and people do make it work and have happy, healthy perfect kids! but to actually try when not 100% ready.. that is a choice that you can't undo/re-think after the fact. It's also a choice that can build up A LOT of resentment/anger in couples and individuals (Towards themselves, towards each other and worse than anything, towards the child.) who look back and realize they aren't ready and things are NOWHERE NEAR as simple as their "plans".

Now, as for "normal". I found out recently that I won't even be able to have kids. I didn't even lose a child, I lost the "Potential" and that made me really sad. So yea, "normal" isn't really a solid term lol

just my 2 cents
I agree with this completely! Dak I have no doubts you will be an excellent mother, but do consider waiting longer. 8 months is barely what I would consider a long term relationship. My SO and I are at 4 years and we still find out new things about each other and our relationship has changed a LOT (in a good way, luckily) within those few years. Get stable first, save money, learn how to be a couple FIRST... Learning to be parents can come later. 21/22 is still a really young age to have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Kotah BEAR

Thanks yall

TJ and I have been talking and we are going to wait. We aren't trying to have kids, I would understand people being mad (not yall) if we were trying, but we aren't.

<3