Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Top Dog

Default Summer vacation plans - made!

Anyone else been bitten by the summer vacation bug yet? We did our taxes this weekend and found out we are getting pack a hefty sum, so I took it as a sign that I needed to book the trip we've been thinking about for a while. We're headed to...RUSSIA!

We're actually flying into Copenhagen, Denmark in July, spending a couple days, and then getting on a cruise going to Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, and Sweden. We didn't get to do a vacation at all last year (not even going home for Christmas ) since I was student teaching and making no money, so I'm really excited to have new adventures with Zach this summer!

While we were at it, we booked flights to a friend's wedding in June, and home to visit my parents in California in August.

*whew*

Anyone else starting to plan either spring break or summer vacations?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Umm... I've started somewhat saving money for my vacation, does that count? LOL I had more saved til I had to take rascal to the emerg vet.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Ha ha, well my plans will consist of hopfully hiking everyweekend, spending lots of time at the lake and just enjoying the outdoors and nature. Were moving to a vacation area, so whats the point of going anywhere? ha ha

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 02-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Chihuahua Power!

We've kinda sorta started planning ours!

I think we're going to go to Nicaragua this year. We LOVED Costa Rica and we want to do another jungle/volcano type vacation.

The other choices have been Iceland, Colombia, Romania, Alaska... but we keep going back to the idea of Nicaragua

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Cali, could you PM me a link to the cruise you're doing? I was looking at European cruises (mostly Mediterranian ones) and haven't found one that sounds anything like the one you're doing!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
We've kinda sorta started planning ours!

I think we're going to go to Nicaragua this year. We LOVED Costa Rica and we want to do another jungle/volcano type vacation.

The other choices have been Iceland, Colombia, Romania, Alaska... but we keep going back to the idea of Nicaragua
My church sponsors an orphanage in Nicaragua and goes to Managua each year to volunteer with the children and do building projects down there. I keep wanting to go with them, but they always go in late April, when I can't take time off
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Cali, could you PM me a link to the cruise you're doing? I was looking at European cruises (mostly Mediterranian ones) and haven't found one that sounds anything like the one you're doing!
Yup, I'll send it--you should come along We can share excursions! (Search for northern european cruises).

The Med cruise we did 2 years ago was AMAZING. We did Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Egypt. Absolutely the coolest places I've ever been in my life. I'll see if I can find that itinerary too.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Would need to have extra money to do that, so nope.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

We aren't going on vacation again until September now. We will do some weekend trips here and there in the spring/summer but our first actual vacation will be the first week of September. We are going up Northern Ontario way. We've rented a cottage with my family in Honey Harbour. It's great. We always took vacations there as a family when i was a kid. We'd head up there for two weeks in august and do nothing but fish, swim, sit by campfires, etc. so we are taking Hannah up there for the first time. I'm excited about that. I just hope a week in a cottage with 7 people won't be too close quarters LOL.

Then at the end of september we are thinking of heading down to Florida again lol. We haven't visited my inlaws at their house in a long time so we are going to plan a trip to visit them for 4 or 5 days and then hit up Disney on the way home for a couple of days... since we have the annual passes we might as well make use of them lol.

then probably nothing again until December lol.

Visiting family counts as vacation right? LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Sport Model Pug

I'm saving up for and planning a trip to Nanaimo for Nationals. Not to play, but to cheer lead my team and volunteer and have some fun =)

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug