Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2012, 11:18 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Default Attempting a slow-cab diet. Wish me/us luck?

To put it nicely, boyfriend is slightly overweight and self-conscious but doesn't seem hellbent, or even semibent on doing much to fix it without me being the one that guides his food intake. And, shame on me, I haven't been that great at it (in my defense, I really miss southern food and have found myself subconsciously altering my recipes to become more like my mother's cooking, oops).

I read about the slow carb diet (via 4-hour work week) and it seems like people are having great results from it. I like the idea of it, and it seems pretty straight-forward and simple. The hardest part is going to be cutting out fruit so much. I really, REALLY love fruit.
From the looks of it, this could potentially save us quite a bit of money, too. Right now, we need that more than anything.

Any tips from anyone who has tried this diet, or a similar one?
I'm worried about the whole same-meal-repeatedly thing. I thrive on variety, I love lots of flavour and I enjoy lots of different cuisines. Cutting down my choices some is going to be harder for me than for him.And again, I cannot stress it enough, I am not a fan of cutting out fruit. That will inevitably be my downfall.

My Polyvore