Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Kotah BEAR

I know it might come off as me not thanking yall for being here and talking some sense into me, but I do appreciate it.
If I haven't started my period by the end of this week, which I am suppose to, I am going to the doctor next week just to make sure I am okay.

But seriously, my boobs hurt. Bad.
My nipples are huge and so sensitive and this cramping makes me want to shoot myself.
Sorry if that is TMI.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Obey the Toad.

I went off of all BC for a short time and my periods were AWFUL. Horrific mood swings, bad cramps, very heavy bleeding, etc. I think that the hormone changes going off the pill are just hard on a body.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I went off of all BC for a short time and my periods were AWFUL. Horrific mood swings, bad cramps, very heavy bleeding, etc. I think that the hormone changes going off the pill are just hard on a body.
Very true.
At least, if that is all it is with me, I want to die right now.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Behavior Nerd

Dak, I had a pregnancy scare a while back and as much as I knew we couldn't handle a kid at the time (or even now really lol), I did have the same sort of reaction as you did when we confirmed that I wasn't pregnant. I think it's completely normal to have an emotional reaction even if your logical brain tells you you should be happy about a negative result.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Dak, I had a pregnancy scare a while back and as much as I knew we couldn't handle a kid at the time (or even now really lol), I did have the same sort of reaction as you did when we confirmed that I wasn't pregnant. I think it's completely normal to have an emotional reaction even if your logical brain tells you you should be happy about a negative result.
Thank you!

Part of me still thinks I might be, but I guess all things are possible at this point lol I told TJ is my boobs did not stop hurting I was going to cut them off LOL

I am somewhat happy it came back negative, even though I wanted it to be positive in a way. But I will not be truly convinced until I start my period. I'm stubborn like that
Old 02-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Top Dog

I had a similar thing happen a few years ago. What helped me snap back to reality was writing out how I could figure a baby into my current life. I was in school full-time so the baby would have to be in daycare, I wasn't working so I would have to rely on my boyfriend for money, and I lived with my parents...
The fact was that I had no time, no space, and no money for a baby, and babies are money machines! I want to give my future babies the very best I can give them, and at that point in my life, even now, I could not/cannot provide for that baby.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Let it be

I test every month because I am paranoid after having Briggs.... but my heart sinks every time I see a negative because underneath knowing it's the wrong time I do want another child. If I could throw logic to the wind I would but it's not right for right now. Still, sucks a bit even if on a purely emotional level.

Emotions don't always make sense. *hugs*
Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Top Dog

This is why I have Chloe. lol. I got accidentally pregnant. We were freaking out, it was horrible timing but we came to terms with the idea and then I miscarried. So we got married two months later and got pregnant a month after that. As much as I love my child in retrospect it was a terrible idea and we had been together for about 2 years. Lucky for me everything eventually worked out great and my life couldn't be better now but it almost destroyed our relationship because we just weren't ready. I wasn't ready. I panicked when she was about 5 mos old, felt suffocated, felt like I just woke up one day and suddenly had this life as a wife and mother and I wasn't sure I even wanted it. I had an affair, we almost divorced and that would have been awful for Chloe. It wasn't fair to her for us to hurry in to that stage of life.

Again, LUCKILY it all worked out and now we are happier than ever and things are wonderful but we owed it to her to take our time with that. Also I think I will always wish i had had more time with just my husband AND that I had finished college first. I am really struggling to get through online school while being a SAHM and I don't even know what my marriage is outside of Chloe. I mean, we have our alone time but we still talk about her a lot. It will be interesting to see who we are and how we are together when she is an adult and out of the house. At least we will still be young then, lol.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Let it be

A lot of people go through that despite being in the perfect place though. But I hear you on that! I was dumped, left to be pre gnant and raise my son alone and I didn't even want a kid. It was tough. I love my life but I do not relate to anyone my own age. Even the other mothers as I literally base my entire life around my son. All the other 20 year old moms I know party and have a life outside of their kids. Not me.

Again, none of that is bad. But, kids do tie you down. I say to everyone life goes on with or without kids and it's what you make it BUT it is a lot easier to go experience what the world has to offer first, then settle down with kids as you have to take a lot more into consideration when children are involved.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:08 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post

Is it normal to feel this way after getting worked up about being pregnant then you found you aren't and just get upset?

I did. My ex (now my boyfriend again... *ducks from rocks*) had broken up with me, and I was so desperate & pathetic that I felt like that was my last ace in the hole. I sprained my wrist (thanks, Rage) and had to go to urgent care - obviously they wanted to do x-rays, asked if there was a chance that I was pregnant, I said yes, and they gave me a test... they told me it was negative and I cried. It was stupid, I didn't REALLY want to be pregnant, but it was just an overwhelming sense of loss for the evening.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)