Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
Bone marrow is delicious. But very, very fattening. Its sort of like foie gras . . .without the cruelty.
I have not tried it yet, did you make it? or did you have it somewhere? Basically the recipe I have for it, is cut the bones to about 4 inches, salt and pepper over top of marrow cavity and bake in oven till it starts to bubble then eat with something, I forget what

I'm not concerned with fat, as long as it's not from corn fed beef I'm fine with it. The more I research, the more i'm leaning towards no grains, moderate protein and high fat diets. I just have to deprogram myself from the many decades of public policy "education" approach to nutrition pushed in this country.

on a side note about grains, when they started seeing the cultivation and consumption of them as part of the regular diet, that's when fossil evidence of things like tooth decay and inflammatory joint conditions like arthritis started to show up. I think i may have mentioned that in a thread before, but if not, I am now just something to think about.