Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
Yes she's a minor. I'm still not sure about this..Reading the Verizon website's Q&A there seems to be no consensus either...
I know friends are supposed to be there for friends, but sometimes it's best to own up to what you did and learn from it. Not spend an inordinate amount of time thinking of ways to hide things.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/c...tatements.html

according to this they will be able to see usage , but what there deffination of usage is i dont know

http://support.verizonwireless.com/c...aging/faq.html

#27 says they can view and print them up to 120 hours after sent/recieved. I think.

good luck ,
Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

i doubt verizon is going to produce the messages freely. But if someone wanted you can get almost anything from everything. Just get a sim card reader and some software and you can recover lots of deleted stuff.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Top Dog

If her parents are the account holders (which, if she's a minor, they would have to be, since minors cannot legally enter into a contract), then they can access any available phone records - most likely the numbers contacted, and a time/date stamp. Whether the actual content of the text messages is available would be up to Verizon.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

I have worked for cell phone companies. And to release those we needed papers from some sort of law enforcement either PD or a judge to release them but we could release them and they didn't really need a reason just needed to have one of them call in.

But really if the parents threw a big enough fit we'd give them out if it was a phone on their account

Long story short when you are a minor and you don't want to follow the rules and hide stuff from your parents don't do it on an electronic your parents purchase under a contract that they are in control of.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
I am not sure if this is possible, simply based on the sheer amount of resources it would take for Verizon to log the contents of every message sent. I think the only thing they record is the number the text is sent to, not the message itself. And yes, they could get a log of the numbers that phone has contacted, provided they own the account and her phone is just an addition to their family plan or whatever.

So as far as I know, the details of your friend's texts are safe. This may have changed since the last time I got in trouble and freaked out over my texting history, though.
Sorry for double post.

They do log them but it's a pain to pull them especially if it's been over a week. But they are kept

Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Kotah BEAR

Oh it is possible, well it was when I was 14.
My dad had access to mine, cause I lived with him and he paid the bill.

He stopped looking through them when I 16.

But he had a good reason.
I was in high school (well the summer before 9th grade) when I moved up there and I was going through a prescription pill addiction when I was in my 9th-10th grade years. He was concerned. So, thats a reason for any parent to look through stuff.