Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Yours! woops lol I started on the leg life video and then kind of..youtube stalked my way through the others

I was sitting here going "I posted a video on youtube but I didn't post it here.....don't assume she's talking about you!"

Thanks though! It's SOO sloppy right now, I mainly took that so I could critique myself. I'm going to be revamping my whole heel soon, I am so not happy with it. I moved too fast.

But anyways, he got the side step really fast. I think it helped a ton that he had a solid pivot oh him first so when I stepped away a little bit he would think we were starting to do a pivot but then run into me. So soon he was swinging his front end with me when I would step to the side and soon after that he was getting a true side step with paws crossed both front and back.

Honestly, he figured it would pretty fast and I really think that having the pivot helped a ton
Old 01-27-2012, 06:05 AM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Seka, I really love Cohen. A lot. I think she has more bounce her to her back legs in general, Traveler doesn't tend to use his back legs like that. But that springy box was a stroke of genius.

Out of curiosity, how big is she?
She's tiny - she hovers around 37 pounds, and is just shy of 21". She is a pretty bouncy dog!

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
Has anyone seen Jay Sisler's dogs? They were some of the foundation dogs in the Aussie breed and were awesome trick dogs. Very bouncy dogs! They did handstands and walking on their front legs. Looked pretty weird. I'd guess he taught them through molding though? Or at least helped them get into position some how. And his Greyhound did somersaults...possibly the weirdest and most impressive dog trick ever. I can't say he used entirely positive training but he did say that he used leftover pancakes to train the dogs every day. Considering it was the 50s, I'd say he was way ahead of his time.

http://youtu.be/ejioz8N9h3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzD1D...eature=related
AWESOME. Those movies are great!! I especially love the wind up greyhound...

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Wild At Heart

I'm trying to teach Harleigh to flip the treat off her nose and actually CATCH it. She's so good at it... as you can see, LOL.

Harleigh <3
Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Top Dog

Harleigh's catching trick is fun! Ziggy does that trick too

I may be too easily amused but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6DRSfLJ7e4

"If your dog is very obedient, he will do it. If he is not, he won't."
Old 01-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
"If your dog is very obedient, he will do it. If he is not, he won't."
Well that's just pretty much dog training in a nutshel, huh?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Art pulled out a full on handstand (for 1 second lol) out of no where, I was so excited rofl

Old 01-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Twin 2

Taking a break from working on the handstand (ART LOOKS AMAZING) because we weren't getting anywhere so I think it's a good idea to wait a little bit. Instead I'm completely reworking his heel because where it is now is too sloppy for me.

Decided to try Silvia Trkmans method and am starting with a pivot on an object without me guiding. Was surprisingly hard to get here and he's only going one direction right now because if I kept clicking for movement in either/or direction he would have had a really funky dance in front of me going on but never actually get to the point of facing away from me.

Pivot
Old 01-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Taking a break from working on the handstand (ART LOOKS AMAZING) because we weren't getting anywhere so I think it's a good idea to wait a little bit. Instead I'm completely reworking his heel because where it is now is too sloppy for me.

Decided to try Silvia Trkmans method and am starting with a pivot on an object without me guiding. Was surprisingly hard to get here and he's only going one direction right now because if I kept clicking for movement in either/or direction he would have had a really funky dance in front of me going on but never actually get to the point of facing away from me.

Pivot

Ok so you've officially reached where I stopped with Zuma before. Do you think that dogs with Zuma and Traveler's body shape can physically do a handstand for more than a second? I really think their long front legs work against them.

BTW, love his pivot.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Ok so you've officially reached where I stopped with Zuma before. Do you think that dogs with Zuma and Traveler's body shape can physically do a handstand for more than a second? I really think their long front legs work against them.

BTW, love his pivot.
I really really don't know, I would like to say yes because I really really want to get it. But it's such an awkward body position for them! He has no issue up against a wall or even pushing off of it a bit, much like Zuma (though I think Zuma is better away from the wall then him by far, he just offers one leg up and then a tiny hop with the other)

Right now, I'm going to go with the idea that it's going to take much more muscle memory and core muscle strength to get there. That's why I'm just going to work on back leg raising and going up a wall in different places for now.