Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
Its their right to do so, so long as they don't cross the line into say, inciting a riot or soliciting murder. Can that put someone who is unstable over the edge? Possibly. But we can't limit speech based on what someone unstable might do because of it. Besides, when people come right out and say hateful things, at least you know exactly where you stand.

Thanks to this gentleman being so honest about his feelings, we now know exactly what sort of man he is.

For that matter, I'm quite certain the Secret Service knows as well. They can't, and shouldn't, do anything, but I have little doubt they are well aware of this.
Exactly. Now, by the very fact that so many people know what he is all about, it's doubtful he'll be very popular in public opinion. We can just relax and watch nature takes it's course.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-29-2012, 10:50 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

If a girl can be charged for wishing bad karma on someone, I don't see why he can't be charged for praying for someone's death.

Not that I technically agree with that course of action, but still, don't police one and not the other, if you're going to police it at all, I guess.

My Polyvore
Old 01-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Jerk.

With all the actual death threats Liberals make, this is still unseemly and low brow, but at least he is'nt making direct threats against Obama and his family the way union workers in WI did against conservative republicans.

Death threats against a liberal, unstable individual and must be taken down. Make a death threat against a conservative, par for the course and no big deal.

Even my liberal friends and family have no problem hoping conservative representatives die horrible deaths, but if I wish horribly uncomfortable hemorrhoids on the Clinton's (not the daughter), the Pelozi's, or the Obama's (again not the kids), it is seen as a horrible hate crime or borderline treason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 01-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
With all the actual death threats Liberals make, this is still unseemly and low brow, but at least he is'nt making direct threats against Obama and his family the way union workers in WI did against conservative republicans.

Death threats against a liberal, unstable individual and must be taken down. Make a death threat against a conservative, par for the course and no big deal.

Even my liberal friends and family have no problem hoping conservative representatives die horrible deaths, but if I wish horribly uncomfortable hemorrhoids on the Clinton's (not the daughter), the Pelozi's, or the Obama's (again not the kids), it is seen as a horrible hate crime or borderline treason.

Well of course! That's just the nature of the beast. Aren't you use to that yet? It's always slanted that way in all kinds of contexts.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Walks into Mordor

Because conservatives aren't guilty of those things. Like beating a democratic campaign manager's cat to death and leaving it on his doorstep with the word "liberal" painted on it.

BTW, I did NOT point that out to try and say conservatives are worse than liberals. I'm just saying it happens on both sides. The a-hole card is one of the ultimate equalizers: it evenly transcends race, creed, class, nationality and political ideology. I can't stand it, because not only does it fuel hatred, all it does is give people on the opposite side of the equation a chance to virtuously point fingers and go, "See? They're the evil ones! They're MUCH worse than we are! WE'RE the poor, unfairly persecuted ones!"

Pardon my random soapboxing.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Jerk.

Of course conservatives are guilty of the same thing, its just only acceptable for liberals to do them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 01-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Of course conservatives are guilty of the same thing, its just only acceptable for liberals to do them.
Well of course. those heathen liberals don't know any better so we give them a pass.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
If a girl can be charged for wishing bad karma on someone, I don't see why he can't be charged for praying for someone's death.

Not that I technically agree with that course of action, but still, don't police one and not the other, if you're going to police it at all, I guess.
Sigh. She shouldn't have been charged for that either. In fact, she shouldn't even have been suspended. But the practice these days is to treat any sign of hostility from a teenager as the next Columbine. If that's all that happened, then she'll almost certainly be acquitted as well; in fact, the charges were dropped.

That said, there is apparently more to the story.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gradeb...ma-bully-story

Now, frankly, I don't think any of this bullcrap should lead to criminal charges either (except maybe vandalism for the keying of the car if that happened and can be proved). Typical nasty teenage drama. But its more serious (and longer running) than just the karma comment . . . and I can see the case for suspension (not for the comments, but for keeping up their feud and not staying away from each other).

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
Because conservatives aren't guilty of those things. Like beating a democratic campaign manager's cat to death and leaving it on his doorstep with the word "liberal" painted on it.

BTW, I did NOT point that out to try and say conservatives are worse than liberals. I'm just saying it happens on both sides. The a-hole card is one of the ultimate equalizers: it evenly transcends race, creed, class, nationality and political ideology. I can't stand it, because not only does it fuel hatred, all it does is give people on the opposite side of the equation a chance to virtuously point fingers and go, "See? They're the evil ones! They're MUCH worse than we are! WE'RE the poor, unfairly persecuted ones!"

Pardon my random soapboxing.
Excuse my minionesque behavior, but:

Old 01-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

Living in WI, i guess I"m surprised the first I hear of such things is on a dog message board, especially considering we live in a more conservative area.