Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Top Dog

Of course it's a Kansan
Old 01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Let it be

Ugh what kind of person wishes that on someone and their family?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backward_Cinderella View Post
Sorry Mia, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It was sarcasm.
I wasn't offended. Even though we have vastly different religious beliefs, we both agree that there is just too much hate in self-proclaimed "Christianity", and it infuriates me when to see publically acclaimed "Christians" engaging in these types of actions as if others would be proud.

Long story short: I agree with you. Lol

On a serious note, I is it ok for me to hope that this guy has someone knock him into reality?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Resident fainting goat

What kind of awful human being prays for something like that?
I really love Obama! but even if I didn't.. to wish him DEATH?!

Must take a truly sad, twisted, horrible person to think that way I feel sorry for them all more than anything.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Obey the Toad.

What needs to happen is that this guy's party and Christianity as a whole needs to condemn this. There is nothing acceptable about this--you don't glorify God by wishing death and misery on others.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
What needs to happen is that this guy's party and Christianity as a whole needs to condemn this. There is nothing acceptable about this--you don't glorify God by wishing death and misery on others.
This...and he needs to be jailed IMO. Same as if any other person threatened the President of the United States.

I have a feeling it will be a long wait though.....
Old 01-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
This...and he needs to be jailed IMO. Same as if any other person threatened the President of the United States.

I have a feeling it will be a long wait though.....
I'm not sure what is in effect a curse or an appeal to the divine counts. Supernatural means are probably outside of the secret service's jurisdiction.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 01-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
I'm not sure what is in effect a curse or an appeal to the divine counts. Supernatural means are probably outside of the secret service's jurisdiction.
Heh, heh....yep...don't think that is quite the same thing as a direct threat to someone's life when he's basically making a wish.

Quote:
Supernatural means are probably outside of the secret service's jurisdiction.
And really...let's hope it stays that way.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

****, had a long response typed up but my computer is all messed up and erased it.

I didnt get my full thoughts out before. I dont think he should really be jailed, but I do think it should be treated more seriously. Too many politicians in the last several years are making vague (and not so vague) threats and call to violence against others.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
****, had a long response typed up but my computer is all messed up and erased it.

I didnt get my full thoughts out before. I dont think he should really be jailed, but I do think it should be treated more seriously. Too many politicians in the last several years are making vague (and not so vague) threats and call to violence against others.
Its their right to do so, so long as they don't cross the line into say, inciting a riot or soliciting murder. Can that put someone who is unstable over the edge? Possibly. But we can't limit speech based on what someone unstable might do because of it. Besides, when people come right out and say hateful things, at least you know exactly where you stand.

Thanks to this gentleman being so honest about his feelings, we now know exactly what sort of man he is.

For that matter, I'm quite certain the Secret Service knows as well. They can't, and shouldn't, do anything, but I have little doubt they are well aware of this.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com