Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Top Dog

My 10-year reunion was last year. I couldn't afford the trip to go. Part of me wanted to, but part of me really didn't. I don't keep in touch with anyone from high school, and I'm bad at social gatherings in general so I didn't think it would be that much fun.

Afterwards I found out that my favorite teacher was there, I wish I could've gone just to see him again.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcandy View Post
Hmmm,anyone who meant anything to me in secondery school I'm still friends with!As for the rest...not really intrested
My feelings exactly. My best friend (and our spouses) went to our 20th reunion. And promptly decided nothing changed from high school.

High school was just "there" for me- nothing specatular. And, just my luck, my sister is engaged/living with "Mr Most School Spirit" from my class. And you know what? He hasn't changed one bit in 30 years.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm All Ears

Maybe. If some of my friends that moved overseas came back for it, I would go try to meet up with them. I talk on facebook but I haven't seen them in years. I had a really great group of friends in highschool and wish I'd kept in touch with them better.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

Oh yes! I've been to my 10th and my 20th, missed the one in 2003 which would have been my 30 yr. reunion because I lived in Idaho and nobody contacted me and I forgot about it. So, I'm thinking about going to the one in 2013. I think they're loads of fun. I love seeing people and how they've aged. I'm dying of curiosity. LOL. There was one guy...the stud of highschool...every girl wanted him. He was cute...tall, blond and very good looking, a show off, kind of funny. And when I saw him on one of those reunions (I forget which) he had gotten fat and bald. And he wasn't such a show off anymore. But he was nice enough. Some of the girls who I thought were stobbish must have just been shy or insecure because a lot of them seemed very nice as they got older.

I was standing in the food line and someone behind me started talking in pig latin. I knew that voice. I turned around and there was my best friend from when we were young and we talked in pig Latin very fast and efficiently. LOL. It was a scream.

It was fun to see their kids. One day was something for the whole families, like a picnic and one day was a dinner/dance thing for the grown ups.

Even though I didn't stay friends with anybody from high school, I still thought it was fun and interesting to see what everyone was doing with their lives. I expect on this next one, there will be many people missing. We're getting old. My old boyfriend on the last one looked unwell and very thin. It turned out he had cancer and died shortly after....very sad.

So, hopefully, I'll lose the 12-15 lbs I have yet to go, get a face lift, lol...and go to my 40th high school reunion, lookin' hot for an almost 60 yr old.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

I wouldn't really be too interested. I went to two different high schools -- one was brand new, I did not know anyone, the other was most of my friends from elem/middle school. I still speak to the few friends who I was really close with and don't really care much about anyone else, to be honest, LOL. But I was never into the whole HS thing in the first place. I didn't do football games, I didn't do prom, or any dances, etc. I hung out with such a variety of people in different grades so... yeah, probably no.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I'd be interested in going but I graduated a year early so I don't want to go with the class I graduated with but I don't know if I'm invited to go with the class I grew up with. Bummer.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I'd be interested in going but I graduated a year early so I don't want to go with the class I graduated with but I don't know if I'm invited to go with the class I grew up with. Bummer.

You could look up the high school reunion organizers (I forget what they call it)...but there's usually a company that organizes these things for the high schools...and ask them if you can be invited to the other one...where you would have more fun. (?)
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I would probably go, but it would mean buying a plane ticket to get there. So really the only way I would go is if I was already going to be in Pennsylvania already when it was happening.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:38 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Idk, I'm on the fence. I had decent friends in high school but they were a year younger than me so they wouldnt be at MY reunion anyway unfortunately. maybe I'd crash theirs lol!!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Durp Dog

I highly doubt it.