Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question Would you go to a school reunion?

Some old school friends on Facebook are trying to organise a reunion as its 20 yrs since we began secondary school this year (omg).

The idea turns my stomach. Part of me is curious, but mostly I just think why would I want to mix with people I haven't spoken to in over 10 years, most of which I didn't care to speak to back then either??

I wasn't bullied in school, it wasn't awful. It was just a non-event...

Part of me is curious though.....

What would you do?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-21-2012, 04:10 AM
Cloudcandy

Hmmm,anyone who meant anything to me in secondery school I'm still friends with!As for the rest...not really intrested

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 01-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Yeah ditto.....

And I don't think I see/talk to any of them LOL There's a couple I message of facey B but that's it.

The reality is... I can visualise me sitting in the room, watching them all chatting/dancing.. and me thinking... I want to leave so I can go and do something I'm actually interested in, instead of your shallow wiffle about how you all love and miss each other (you all hated each other - it was an all girls school and very cliquey).

I might give it a miss I deleted 90% of the people I went to school with off my fbook for a reason... lol

We'll see.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Top Dog

I went to my 5 year high school reunion (I've only been out 7 years), but it was mostly because our parents still live in the area and we were home visiting them. It kind of made me feel better about myself and my life. So...there's that!

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Top Dog

I have no desire to go to mine. Fbook tells me all the gossip i need to know--which is basically what reunions are for.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Top Dog

Heck no, I was miserable in Hschool. I got all the torment I want in 4 years, no more please!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Top Dog

Didn't go and would not/will not go to any in the future.

As you mentioned, if I did not care to stay in touch with anyone from my highschool, why would I want to go see them at a reunion? Makes no sense.

And I have not been/am not in contact with a single person I graduated highschool with. I don't care to.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 AM
swimming upstream

I think I'd be more inclined to go to a chaz gathering than to go to a high school reunion--lol! At least I'd know I'd be interested in what chaz people were talking about.
I have yet to go to either a high school or a college reunion. I am in touch with the people I'd like to be--that is enough for me.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 AM
orange iguanas.

I might further down the road. I won't go to my 5 year reunion cuz everyone will pretty much be the same as they were in high school.... But maybe after that. Facebook tells me most of what I need to know but there are a lot of people I don't stay in touch with that I'd still like to see again.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Are you dead yet?

Nope. I never stuck in high school long enough to develop any sort of relationship with the people there.