Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 AM
*Now with Snark*

Well... still snowing... and we made it through the night without a tree dropping on the house.

Havin' a heat wave... a tropical heat wave.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Taxiderpy

It's kind of a relief. I'm worried we're going to have a bad drought this summer with as little snow as the mountains have gotten, but this should help a bit.

Let's just hope Centralia doesn't flood again when it all melts.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Felurian

I'm cold just looking at those pics

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

Lorraine when I saw the news story about the tree falling right through the middle of the Olympia home I was so worried about you! But then she came on and talked and I was like Whew, not Lorraine.

I'm North of Seattle and I've got 18 inches. It was nice wet snow yesterday but now it's ice. You step on it and fall right through. It's a workout to walk through! The dogs love it. It made me miss snowboarding so I went down my own hill The weatherman though it would all melt today. But nope. It's been snowing since this morning. Highs and lows keep going down. I have a hard time it's "all going to melt tommorow", too.

My power and water has been out for 2 days! Had to go out and buy a generator. It sucks. I took 200 pictures but can't upload them on my tiny laptop So gotta wait until the power comes back on...
Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Taxiderpy

Ugh. We got that nice shiny coating of ice on everything too. The neighbor's two 70 year old apple trees snapped off at the trunk and took out the power lines going to the house, so there's live lines laying in the street. I'll get pics of the trees when the power company fixes that line. It sounds like gunshots going off everywhere with all the trees and branches snapping.

The walk out to the dog yard after getting shoveled.

Strider plowing through the snow.

Blue Faerie Dude approves of this weather.

"I approve!"
Old 01-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Slave to the Aussie

No power all day here.

Everything frozen.

2 inches of ice on the car.

And I'm missing greys anatomy, **** you snow!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Blue Faerie Dude approves of this weather.
Okay I didn't see the caption to this...or the wings...just saw this human standing on...what is that!? The biggest tree ever!? Do they grow super giant gnarly trees in the NW? But its colossal-ness seems totally out of proportion with the background...what the....oh. Faerie. Right.

I need sleep...lol

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Top Dog

CRAP I forgot Greys Anatomy is tonight!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

Cute fairy Romy. He looks just perfect in that spot. And Strider is having a great time. That's pretty scary having those power lines lying on the ground. I hope that got fixed up pronto. I haven't lost power except for just 3 or 4 seconds, then it comes back on. It did that a couple of times. Now outside where I shoveled is a sheet of ice. But it's suppose to warm up today a whole lot. It looks like my driveway pitched up. I'm really worried. Sometimes the cold will do that...cause cement to heave up and then when it warms up, it will go back down. But it looks odd after shoveling. I hope it isn't kaput.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson