Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Bite Club

Ok here we go not the best quality but:

Riley growling:

http://youtu.be/yDyvPOESo1g

http://youtu.be/oJVJviLeKBc

He doesn't do it when there is food involved though:

http://youtu.be/wZQp68WeY4o

And just random cuteness:

http://youtu.be/RCt55Wid-GE

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Top Dog

Relaxation protocol, it's your choice, and obedience exercises. I haven't taught any fun tricks in a while!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 01-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Sport Model Pug

Foundation agility training with a 5 or so year old Pug that's had no prior training experience...

It's just for shits and giggles really and to challenge my skills.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-18-2012, 06:25 PM
The Monster.

This year I'm wanting to advance Cohen's OB and Rally titles, so we're going to polish up her heeling and cued focus (she's good, but I want her nigh perfect when it comes to competition).

Trick-wise, she has a handstand, but she's not great at holding it, and her form gets messy when she's away from a wall. How do you guys tend to add duration to a handstand? I was waiting for her to offer increased duration and C/T it, but I think I'm going to turn to continuous feeding while in proper position.

Here's one of the videos I put together recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc6UiwUrDGw

You can see some of our handstand work in there -- it's regressed a bit since then. We do a lot of rear end awareness/backing up tricks & exercises.

I also want to improve her jump into my arms for more vertical movement.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Behavior Nerd

My list is huuuuuge. Mostly because I've neglected training my own dogs in any formal way outside of classes/club training until recently.

Ziva:
- polish attention heel
- pivot work
- polish schH about turn (for Rally)
- stand-stay
- proof weave entries (she was flubbing her off-side entries at the trial this weekend)
- maintain kick ass running contacts
- more distance work to help her get her two final Masters Gamblers legs

Kestrel:
- polish attention heel, especially in the group
- polish sits and downs out of motion
- stand out of motion
- formal retrieve
- proof all behaviors with my ring nerves
- pivot work
- polish fronts
- retrain finishes
- proof article search
- continue tracking work increasing length, distraction, fading food, adding articles
- continue work on bark and hold
- revier
- transport
- continued grip work
- continued work on weave poles using the 2x2 method (we're at 6 poles in a line with a sliiiight offset right now)
- polish/proof contacts
- continue distance work
- generalize and improve Extreme Vertical skills
- play around with start position for Big Air and Speed Retrieve
- weight pull training

Aeri:
- increase heel duration, distraction
- pivot work
- platforms
- fronts
- finishes
- polish down, stays
- out of motion exercises
- continue tracking work increasing length, distraction, fading food
- continue work on bark and hold
- continue grip work
- continue jump work

Snipe:
- stay
- down on cue vs offered
- leash manners
- handstand work
- Big Air skills

Old 01-18-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm All Ears

Right now I'm being boring and Mia's main work right now is working on extending her heel. She's really got a nice flashy heel- she hackneys in the heel and keeps really focused, which caused a lot of giggles at class last week. We need to make it last longer though, so working on building it up.

I've also been working on object identification with Mia some. I'm just curious about how well she'd do. We've done just 2 sessions and she's reliably targeting 4 things so far. `

Summer I've been slacking... mostly just practicing old tricks.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
MyHorseMyRules

I've been working on teaching Boone to crawl. It's only in the beginning stages, but he usually picks things up pretty quickly.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Behavior Nerd

Video from tonight's work on Snipe's handstand. Don't mind the first 3 minutes of flailing from both of us - she's a treat hound made of jello and I was also trying to lure a bit. Once I stopped that and hid the treats we had better progress and you can see her "get it" around the 6th minute.

http://youtu.be/G4QdcBVTqfo

Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Top Dog

Erin - what method of RCs are you using? I really want to train RCs with Savvy but I'm at a point now where I need to do it if I'm going to.

I'm mostly working Savvy and Whimsy right now and playing around with Jagger and Ziggy. The adult dogs all need work on their weave entries, so we'll be starting that soon (just got a new set of metal based poles YAY!). Whimsy is working on Novice obedience skills for our National in April. Savvy is working on heel position plus lots of agility foundation stuff. And tricks...well, we love tricks!

Savvy is in the early stage of handstand training and Whim is learning the two legged tricks (and yes I did get the idea from ST ). Both are working on hugging a toy, Whim has it but needs duration...Savvy has a hard time not wanting to play with the toy LOL I've worked on this with Jagger and Ziggy too. Zig's actually really good, despite his little, crooked legs. Lately I have been amusing myself with having Jagger retrieve oversized items like clothes baskets and big plastic totes. He's impossible to do prop related tricks with because it always ends up as a retrieve LOL Also on putting toys into a basket/box. Savvy is learning to do his box trick in all variety of containers, especially very small ones. I started Whim on jumping into my arms but have only worked on it sporadically. Savvy is learning walk on his back legs (without bouncing LOL) and sit pretty, which he pretty much has but needs duration. The older dogs have long since learned those. Whim is excellent at the back leg walking, best out of everyone although Zig is pretty good too. I think that's about it for now, although I'm probably missing some stuff.

This is the most recent video I have of a few of Savvy's tricks plus his impulse control/stay work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtvi65jeMdU
Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Behavior Nerd

Nikki we really haven't been following a formal RC method tbh. We initially started with jump bumps for striding help and some boxwork (on the A-frame only), used hoops several times, and now we're maintaining with random surprise treats hidden at the end of the board. I unfortunately don't have contact obstacles at home so all of our practice is restricted to class or lessons. I'm very lucky that her natural striding seems to support RCs well.

This past trial the RCs really seemed to click and she was speeding up and even crouching as she hit them (not creeping, just getting very low and she's not a BC lol), even with some lateral distance from me.