Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerotti View Post
Ha! That mental picture made me LOL.

I want to see the back up/growl though, that sounds cute.

How is Aura to train compared to Riley?
Ahhh poor Riley I shouldn't be making fun of him I'll try and get it on video - he does it sometimes for a 'stand' too if he's really worked up.

Technically I'm not supposed to be training Aura, but I do occassionally since my other half has trouble fitting it into his schedule right now She's very similar to Riley in obedience stuff, catches on very quickly if given a chance. However she does have second child syndrome and won't catch on to random things (like my example of Riley learning the back up) as quickly. She's more interested in having fun, whereas Riley is more serious and focused.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Plus One

Aura we're working on down-stay and relaxing in stimulating enviroments. I also inadvertently taught her that throwing herself down in the middle of the kitchen and holding while I work makes the yummies come out. Very useful when we're busy so everyone rewards that one. For the first time in the history of ever my family is all working together!! With Fudge I'm working on focus around stimulus, settling in the house, not killing Diesel for being alive and maintaining heel position around distractions. Scamp- nothing at the moment but since I realised that Auras sits and downs are better than his we are going to start doing some serious work on that. He learns tricks unbelieveably quickly and stay in his head for months but because I used corrections in the beginning to teach sits and downs he's never been as reliable as them as I'd like. So I gave them up for a few months and I'm going to shape them from the beginning like I'm doing with Aura.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Ahhh Another "wrong moment" growler??

Denis and I laugh that Backup doesn't understand what growling exists for. He growls at all the wrong/weird moments when he's worked up. He growls when being pet but he pushes in and asks to be pet more. He growls when diving into his food bowl. He growls when being let out of a room. Every time he's excited he growls. He's such a mook.

Sloan is working on jumping skills, independent weave entrances, and perfecting her running contacts. Backup is trying to learn to listen to my words, not my body, and build his focus in social environments. He's uncomfortable in them, not out of fear or aggression but seems to lack a clear head when faced with a group of people like a show or a mall.

I know, not really tricks but this is what we're working on.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Kiba I just finished teaching her "turn" - to spin clockwise. She knew Spin - to turn counter clockwise. I hope to use it for something agility related, but I have no idea but think it would at some point come in useful. LOL. Been polishing up her targeting, and will start teaching her to go "around" stuff soon.

Stryder I am polishing up nose touches (his best "trick) and working on more distance target (with his paws). Soon to add some obstacles.

Tsuki I am teaching her how to shake/high five/wave. She can do a fist bump but want her familiar with commands. Then she too with go into the targeting group.

Lincoln more targetting. Teaching that now punching me in the face is not okay. And teaching him to jump into my arms.

Charlie.. le sigh. Working on her sits again, girlie wants to down. Also will start teaching her how to shake/high five/target, etc. And learning you are not a mix of bulldozer and kangaroo!

As a group, they are learning more impulse control. Working on quick fire sits so they can start doing group work together (think circus dogs) and perfecting the "round robin"

End of Chapter 1 (lol I have too many dogs) - A cookie if you read all of it!!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
BusterLove

Quinn is back to basics - upping her obediance so its mainly recall, down stays and leash manners.

And a couple of complex tasks for my training course. Heres a video of the fiurst couple of sessions on our assistance task. We have it copleted now and we are proofing it but I need to find my camera chord so I can upload that vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJOwt...rKDjUQg5_8q-p8

Now I can send her from a few metres away - she opens the door, takes the cooler out, closes the door and brings it to me.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Twin 2

Mrose, that was so great!! I can not wait to see how it looks completed so you gotta find your camera cord.

And Adrianne, I really just wanted it to be anything you were working on but couldn't come up with a good enough title!

So this is where we are stopping for the night with Traveler's hands stand progression. I love my boy

Hand Stand Part 2
Old 01-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Ahhh Another "wrong moment" growler??

Denis and I laugh that Backup doesn't understand what growling exists for. He growls at all the wrong/weird moments when he's worked up. He growls when being pet but he pushes in and asks to be pet more. He growls when diving into his food bowl. He growls when being let out of a room. Every time he's excited he growls. He's such a mook.
Oh Backup!

For some reason walking backwards and standing are exciting and yet frustrating for Riley at the same time. So it comes out as a weird growling noise while he's doing it. I think he gets mad at his back legs because they are so awkward lol.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Mrose, that was so great!! I can not wait to see how it looks completed so you gotta find your camera cord.

And Adrianne, I really just wanted it to be anything you were working on but couldn't come up with a good enough title!

So this is where we are stopping for the night with Traveler's hands stand progression. I love my boy

Hand Stand Part 2
He's doing awesome - what a smart guy!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Gusto gets a bit of a lot of stuff, between class and playing at home.

He gets lots of work on his Crate Games in both places. I can't believe how easy it is making other behaviors. I have never put any effort into teaching a stay, and he's got a very, very solid one, because the Crate Games taught him such good self control. This was the first time we worked on sending to the crate from a less obvious angle - making him find the opening. Also the first time I've worked on it with Meg loose around him. He wasn't phased in the least!

Lots of baby contact work in class as well. He just got to run over his first full (very low) a-frame last week, and I loved seeing his board work on his contact behavior carry over. We were even able to start proofing it a bit, with me moving away while he continued to hold position.

At home, I've started to work on teaching him to "set up" at heel position (really no room inside to work on heeling, but I figure it will be good pre-heeling work). We've also started to work on a handstand, just for fun.

Meg gets to mostly chill at home. We are working our hardest on distance work in class/practices, because gambles continue to elude us. She's such a reliable girl in everything else at this point, that it is mostly just a matter of running some sequences and such for fun and to keep her active.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Top Dog

I'm trying to wean Elsie off lures and trying to stop be such a lazy trainer. We're both learning more about shaping. Sessions one and two had her so frustrated she was chattering at me, but during session three it clicked (pun), and she 'got' the game.

The trick I'm shaping is closing the cupboard door. :3

Edit: Another session done, and she's totally getting the idea. I did 'slip' and click her licking the door, so we had a minute of frantic cupboard licking before she figured out that was a dead end.