Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
DogKisses's Avatar
DogKisses DogKisses is offline
Durp Dog
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,671
Default

Omg that is just so sad. Poor dog.
__________________
..~Lacey, Nikko & Nora~
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,716
Default

Some of those Dosas on the link Moth posted are ok looking, but others just look like red Neos.
__________________

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,780
Default

That is bizarre looking.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Moth's Avatar
Moth Moth is offline
Mild and Slightly Nutty
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 4,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
Bingo! I forgoten that I did took pics of the pei months ago (not in the last show) they are blurry but you can see the giant throw rug wrinkle over the right shoulder I was saying, as well the hocks:




Wow that poor guy has a lot of extra skin... I wonder if he/she has any of the possible associated health problems. Is this dog being bred?
__________________
Bow before my Basenji Overlord and Master! Pay homage to the Peiby Goddess!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...



Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Sapphire-Light's Avatar
Sapphire-Light Sapphire-Light is offline
woof!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Wow that poor guy has a lot of extra skin... I wonder if he/she has any of the possible associated health problems. Is this dog being bred?
Agree looks like the poor girl it's suffering a lot, I'm not sure if she has being bred but the owners were most likely tricked by a miller, they did said it's their first dog and they very naive about dog breeds and showing.

Hopefully a judge could talk to them, so they can realise about millers/pet shops , and take a good road
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Moth's Avatar
Moth Moth is offline
Mild and Slightly Nutty
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 4,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
Agree looks like the poor girl it's suffering a lot, I'm not sure if she has being bred but the owners were most likely tricked by a miller, they did said it's their first dog and they very naive about dog breeds and showing.

Hopefully a judge could talk to them, so they can realise about millers/pet shops , and take a good road
If you run into them again and if they are interested tell them that the shar pei online forum is a good place to learn from other pei owners about the potential illnesses this breed can face.

http://www.sharpeiforums.com/

This is one very nice thing about the people I have met that own peis we all try to work together to improve the lives of our peibys together.

So if they should need more information there is help to be had.
__________________
Bow before my Basenji Overlord and Master! Pay homage to the Peiby Goddess!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...



Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Tahla9999's Avatar
Tahla9999 Tahla9999 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,098
Default

This Shar Pei is drool worthy. Me wants!!

__________________


Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 PM
ravennr's Avatar
ravennr ravennr is offline
ಥ⌣ಥ
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,314
Default

what is it about dogs in wide collars? i swear, they just look instantly more elegant for some reason!
__________________

My Polyvore
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Sapphire-Light's Avatar
Sapphire-Light Sapphire-Light is offline
woof!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,309
Default

^^ wow such a pretty dog, he looks agile


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
If you run into them again and if they are interested tell them that the shar pei online forum is a good place to learn from other pei owners about the potential illnesses this breed can face.

http://www.sharpeiforums.com/

This is one very nice thing about the people I have met that own peis we all try to work together to improve the lives of our peibys together.

So if they should need more information there is help to be had.
Thanks for all your help, even if there's nothing that can be done to this dog at least we tried and can be helpful for a next case, I'm too shy sometimes and afraid to talk to someone I just met >->
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Moth's Avatar
Moth Moth is offline
Mild and Slightly Nutty
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 4,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
Thanks for all your help, even if there's nothing that can be done to this dog at least we tried and can be helpful for a next case, I'm too shy sometimes and afraid to talk to someone I just met >->
No problem. I hate to see any dog struggle. Hopefully they will consult someone and the pei will at least get enough help to be able to function and move like the happy little dog she should be

I am pretty sure that a vet with experience in the breed to at least think of something to try for her.
__________________
Bow before my Basenji Overlord and Master! Pay homage to the Peiby Goddess!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...



Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site