Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

Default Primal

So I've fed the occasional pre-made raw in the past.... considering doing it again. My problem is I get lazy and forget to thaw out the next days meals in the fridge. But I am thinking of buying some plastic tupperware and storing at least 3 days meals in the fridge. Can you do that?

He would probably still be getting Acana kibble a few days a week - I'll be staying at my dads houses at least 2-3 nights a week while in school so this is when he'd be getting his kibble/wet food meals. But I am thinking I could do pre-made raw the rest of the days of the week.

When it comes to premade raw, is it similar to how kibble feeding guidelines are over-estimated? According to the Primal calculator, he would need (16lbs, maintain weight) 7.4 nuggets per day of the chicken formula. I'd probably cut down to just 7, so I don't have to deal with the .4 lol. But do you think 7 a day is too much for him? He eats between 2/3 cup - 3/4 cup of kibble per day depending on activity.

Brit & Jackson