Please Welcome Pax

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
When we got Zen, Doug and I knew we would be getting another kitty in the future. We both prefer pairs when it comes to our birds, cats and such(doggies excluded since we plan to add a third in 6 or so months). Well a friend of ours rescued a small grey cat at the beginning of October and quickly learned she was pregnant. She had 4 kittens in the middle of October. All, including mom did fine. Doug and I fell in Love with this little guy. He has a bob tail(all the kittens did) but his has a very sever kink at the end. Where it completely folds over. It does not seem to cause him any issues but when we take him in for his shots we plan to ask the vet if he thinks it will be an issue in the future since cleaning inbetween where it folds is impossible. If that is the case then we will get the kink removed right away. I think the soon the better if that is the case.

Anyway he is 8 weeks and is doing great. We brought him home last night. Introductions with Zen went fine and they both stayed in the bathroom together. Pax, which means Peace, is leary of Luna. Can't blame the little guy since Luna has boundless energy. Luna is being good though and any time she is hissed at she turns and walks away. Pax warmed up to Sheena pretty fast with only a few hisses. And my goodness Sheena was excited to have a new baby in the house. She is sleeping in front of the bathroom door right now.

So here is PAX our newest and last kitty member for at leat 10 or more years. lol

Jumping off his crate that he came home in

Grooming himself after breakfast and MAN does he LOVE his Blue Wilderness Duck food.

Playing with me and he loves to play, cuddle and give kisses

Here you can see how short his tail is but it is hard to get a good shot of the kink.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Poor Pax. I was having a bath this morning and he was sitting on the edge and slipped in. Oh well. He didn't even care. Got his back legs and rear end wet. But he just sat back down on the edge and started to dry himself off.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
We think so too. lol Doug is picking up batteries tonight so I can take more pictures. I am hoping to get a good shot of his gorgeous green eyes. They have a ring of blue around the outside of them. I hope they stay that way. They really suit him.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Thanks you guys. He is a serious talker too. And Zen is talking a ton to him, lol. He knows his name already and when you call him he will come racing at you as fast as he can. Meowing the whole way. lol. He loves to cuddle and fall asleep on people. His is completely taken with the parakeets. Right now he can't reach them but we are already starting his training to stay away from the cage and so on. Both birds are very curiose about him though.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Poor Pax. I was having a bath this morning and he was sitting on the edge and slipped in. Oh well. He didn't even care. Got his back legs and rear end wet. But he just sat back down on the edge and started to dry himself off.
I love a mellow cat and it sure sounds like you have found yourself one. Happy for all of you. The sleeping pic shows how much Pax fits right in right off the bat.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Thanks all. The concensus on the tail from the vet is wait and see. She has grown quite a bit since these pictures and the space between her main tail and the kinked bone that flips to be side by side is no longer tight. It is a little more flexible and I can clean between on the rare occasion that it gets dirty. It doesn't seem to hurt her and Is firm enough to not get caught yet in anything but that is a concern of mine. We will see.

She is very laid back. When I have a bath she lays on my chest while I read. She has fallen in the tub multiple times, even when Doug had his bath last night. She gets out, dries off a bit and comes right back. Nothing seems to phase her and she LOVES everyone and everything. She learns fast too. I am considering when she is older and over some of her kitten playfullness about putting her into therapy work for nursing homes and such. She is so gentle, loves to give kisses and LOVES to cuddle. She will not sleep alone. If she can't sleep on Doug or I then she is on the dogs or with Zen. We shall see. I have never trained a cat for therapy work so I have a lot of research to do.

Members online

No members online now.