Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,018
Default

If this is such a huge issue can the mods not take care of it? This is what we have mods for, no? The passive aggressiveness coming out in threads this member posts is getting old. Are things like this going to be posted every time this poster states a thread? If so, Fran is right, it does make the forum look bad. I could ignore it, but I'm a member here too, and if this is so serious I'm curious why the mods are not handling it?
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Dekka's Avatar
Dekka Dekka is offline
Just try me..
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 19,447
Default

I asked if he had another dog... I don't get the biggie. He has come in to troll other threads, that is ok. No one comes and defends those he comes to troll

Yet dare anyone here point out some of his unethicalness? Why does it need to be moderated? I am sure he is capable of speaking for himself.

In a pm he specifically said he likes to stir things up. Yet you are going to let him stir things up in other threads, but if anything even LOOKS anti him by people who are known to be out spoken (like me) there has to be an agenda right? I just wondered if he got another dog...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I asked if he had another dog... I don't get the biggie. He has come in to troll other threads, that is ok. No one comes and defends those he comes to troll

Yet dare anyone here point out some of his unethicalness? Why does it need to be moderated? I am sure he is capable of speaking for himself.

In a pm he specifically said he likes to stir things up. Yet you are going to let him stir things up in other threads, but if anything even LOOKS anti him by people who are known to be out spoken (like me) there has to be an agenda right? I just wondered if he got another dog...
If he is linking a to a blog on this forum and he has plagorized info on said blog, why should the mods NOT handle that?

I don't read every thread in here, but on the opinion thread it was you and a few ofhers that were "stirring things up" by passively aggressively posting things unrelated to the topic for what reason? To point out plagerism? You are right, that is a VERY serious charge, so serious that I can't help but wonder why it was not brought to the mods attention right away that a member whose blog is benefiting by being linked to Chaz has stolen intellectual material on it....

ETA: He did say that a low carb diet was not smart...if that's trolling than halfnof the fitness industry are a bunch of trolls because low carb diets are not something than everyone agrees on.

It's worth mentioning too that this dude's blog probably has three or four times the traffic it had before....
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Dekka's Avatar
Dekka Dekka is offline
Just try me..
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 19,447
Default

The mods are aware.

And how was it not on topic. The whole topic of that thread was unpopular opinions you normally don't state.

How were my (and other's) posts NOT on topic?

ETR (lol edited to reply) No its not that, others have debated the merits of low carb. Its the fact he contradicted himself, and either lied or is extremely confused. Doesn't care about any fact (as in facts are just opinions)

Trolls are people who stir things up with out actually wanting to have a conversation. Take Dober for example, she was/is pretty anti low carb. BUT it was part of a conversation. She didn't make up stuff (ie low carb is bad but I did it and lost lots of weight and it was great) or say that targeted low carb isn't a common thing in body builders when even a quick google will tell you it is.

A real forum conversationalist would go 'huh' I learnt something. Doesnt' mean you agree with everything. But when you claim X is not real and someone gives you proof one would think you would stop claiming X is not real..... But that is his MO. And that is a classic troll.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
The mods are aware.

And how was it not on topic. The whole topic of that thread was unpopular opinions you normally don't state.

How were my (and other's) posts NOT on topic?

ETR (lol edited to reply) No its not that, others have debated the merits of low carb. Its the fact he contradicted himself, and either lied or is extremely confused. Doesn't care about any fact (as in facts are just opinions)

Trolls are people who stir things up with out actually wanting to have a conversation. Take Dober for example, she was/is pretty anti low carb. BUT it was part of a conversation. She didn't make up stuff (ie low carb is bad but I did it and lost lots of weight and it was great) or say that targeted low carb isn't a common thing in body builders when even a quick google will tell you it is.

A real forum conversationalist would go 'huh' I learnt something. Doesnt' mean you agree with everything. But when you claim X is not real and someone gives you proof one would think you would stop claiming X is not real..... But that is his MO. And that is a classic troll.
Have you ever read the political threads on here? If strong opinions based on iffy or non existant facts were the deciding factor of whether or not people were allowed to post on here without being called a troll I can think of quite a few fairly prolific members that would fall under that label. Sorry, but I went back and read all this guys posts and the only thing I can think you can possibly be annoyed about in his posts are his opinions on low carb diets. Ok, he is bad at forum conversation. Sorry, but that hardly makes him a troll. Actually, he has given decent advice to people about other things. Arguing with you using improper debate tactics does not make him an unproductive member...

And if the mods know about plagiarized material being passed off on his thread, I again wonder why it is still linked on the board? Doesn't he get something monetarily out of the blog? Screw his lack of message board decorum, I find it much more disturbing that he might be allowed to link from chaz to a blog where he benefits from people reading plagiarized material!
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Dekka's Avatar
Dekka Dekka is offline
Just try me..
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 19,447
Default

Its one thing to state things like opinions, and most people here do it really well. Withought saying democrats are horrible but vote democrat and its aweseome.. I mean really? At least try to make sense.

Its more like saying people don't compete with JRTs in obedience. And then when shown a video of it still going around saying people don't do it.

The word for word plagerism wasn't this forum. The soliciting of info to then put in his own words to make money on his blog HAS happened. I guess its a grey area.. shrugs.

I still say he is a troll. Why else would you go into a thread and say black is white, then agree black is black and then tell everyone facts are the same as opinions?

There is a difference. I am sorry if you have no interest in seeing it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
It's worth mentioning too that this dude's blog probably has three or four times the traffic it had before....
That might be a reason to be here, and to perhaps stir?

Moderation is just that -- moderation. It's not policing and it's not to dictate the ethical tone of the forum, although we'd prefer to see it continue to have the high standards it's always tried to uphold in the past. It is merely to maintain an open space for expression and keep discussions from escalating too far, hopefully with only some redirection (you have no idea how much we generally dislike having to send someone to cool off, even Eddie ) or a break stick when necessary, along with trying to maintain the safety of members from nasties like stalkers. Spam, sporn, cleanup, fixing posts, retrieving and general help when things go wrong.

Things like plagiarism and blatant (and even dangerous) misinformation? In the past you guys have done a stellar job of sniffing that out and calling it out and there's no reason for that to change.

We'll be here for you when you need us, and, like the Talamasca (read your Anne Rice ) "we watch and are always there."
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-07-2012, 11:00 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That might be a reason to be here, and to perhaps stir?

Moderation is just that -- moderation. It's not policing and it's not to dictate the ethical tone of the forum, although we'd prefer to see it continue to have the high standards it's always tried to uphold in the past. It is merely to maintain an open space for expression and keep discussions from escalating too far, hopefully with only some redirection (you have no idea how much we generally dislike having to send someone to cool off, even Eddie ) or a break stick when necessary, along with trying to maintain the safety of members from nasties like stalkers. Spam, sporn, cleanup, fixing posts, retrieving and general help when things go wrong.

Things like plagiarism and blatant (and even dangerous) misinformation? In the past you guys have done a stellar job of sniffing that out and calling it out and there's no reason for that to change.

We'll be here for you when you need us, and, like the Talamasca (read your Anne Rice ) "we watch and are always there."

I was going to work this into a tattoo . But seriously you all need this on a shirt! well not that we would see it but yeah a shirt
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-07-2012, 11:04 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Its one thing to state things like opinions, and most people here do it really well. Withought saying democrats are horrible but vote democrat and its aweseome.. I mean really? At least try to make sense.

Its more like saying people don't compete with JRTs in obedience. And then when shown a video of it still going around saying people don't do it.

The word for word plagerism wasn't this forum. The soliciting of info to then put in his own words to make money on his blog HAS happened. I guess its a grey area.. shrugs.

I still say he is a troll. Why else would you go into a thread and say black is white, then agree black is black and then tell everyone facts are the same as opinions?

There is a difference. I am sorry if you have no interest in seeing it.
Yeah, reread his posts from the low carb thing again and I don't see trolling. Its not that I have no interest in seeing it, I just disagree with you. We will just have to agree to disagree I suppose.
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-07-2012, 11:15 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That might be a reason to be here, and to perhaps stir?

Moderation is just that -- moderation. It's not policing and it's not to dictate the ethical tone of the forum, although we'd prefer to see it continue to have the high standards it's always tried to uphold in the past. It is merely to maintain an open space for expression and keep discussions from escalating too far, hopefully with only some redirection (you have no idea how much we generally dislike having to send someone to cool off, even Eddie ) or a break stick when necessary, along with trying to maintain the safety of members from nasties like stalkers. Spam, sporn, cleanup, fixing posts, retrieving and general help when things go wrong.

Things like plagiarism and blatant (and even dangerous) misinformation? In the past you guys have done a stellar job of sniffing that out and calling it out and there's no reason for that to change.

We'll be here for you when you need us, and, like the Talamasca (read your Anne Rice ) "we watch and are always there."
If this is all a ploy to get people to read his blog (and if that is the plan it has worked brilliantly, btw), thus allowing him to make money from plagiarized material, it just concerns me that the link is allowed to remain on Chaz. But if the mods are fine with it, that's that I suppose.
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site