Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 01-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Kotah BEAR

Default I miss you Bear

I need to get this off my chest, I have done nothing but cry for the last hour.

Bear was a Scottish Terrier. He was my everything.
I spent every moment I could with him from the time he was 2 weeks old to the time I brought him home at 7 weeks old. We had an instant bond. The day he was born, I KNEW he would be mine. He looked just like a polar bear cub and that is how he got his name.
I have not got a dog since then, because I feel I am not over him and I know no dog could even compare to him.

He turned 1 year old May 5th, 2009. He died May 8th, the day before I graduated high school. I was so devastated.

I miss him so much. He was the best dog. I loved that dog like he was a child. We went everywhere together, we did everything together.
We went canoeing together, hiking together, swam together, and he would ride in the saddle with me when I rode my horse. He had a bright green life vest with his name printed on it. He thought that was the best thing in the world. My dad and I lived in a tiny, small town and the local grocery store LOVED him so they started allowing me to bring him in there when daddy and I went grocery shopping. Our local mom and pop restaurant even let him come in and eat with us. He LOVED their blueberry cobbler.
He greeted everyone with a smile and a tail wag.

I trusted him so much. He saved my life twice. The first time we were walking in the woods on a trail and the landlord's SIL put those traps out that have the teeth on them and pad in the middle that if you stepped on it, it would clamp down on you. He knew it was there, I didn't see it until I saw the sun glare off of it. He laid down and everytime I went to walk, he would bark.
The second time he saved my life was the day he died. We were walking by the pond and a water moccasin came out of the pond and Bear got between him and I, and it grabbed Bear.
I picked Bear up, not even thinking about the snake, and ran back to the house crying and screaming telling daddy to get the truck keys and lets go to the vet.
He died in my arms on the way to the vet.
I was so mad and hurt that, that snake took my baby boy from me.

I want another dog so bad, I miss that companionship and loyalty. But I know no dog could compare to Bear.

RIP Bear, I will meet you some day at the rainbow bridge.

*Sorry this was so long, I just needed to talk about him*
Old 01-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Felurian

Oh, Dak . . . . (((((((HUGS)))))))

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Kotah BEAR

Thank you Renee.

I never thought losing a dog would be so hard, but he was so much more than a dog, if that makes sense. He was my best friend.

And something else to add, that p!sses me off more than anything.
Charla, yea I am sure you remember her, before we broke up and she left for the Air Force, we got into a HUGE fight. She broke this really nice picture frame that my aunt hand made for me and it had Bear's picture in it, then she ripped his picture up inside of it. I, to this day, am p!ssed about that. WHO DOES THAT??

Then my computer crashed over a year ago and I lost ALL of my pictures of him, my daddy, my horses. Everything. I have ONE picture left of Bear. That is the saddest thing of it all.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I am so sorry Dak (((((((hugs)))))))

Totally hear you on the picture thing... My old computer, that died, and my moms old computer, that also died, were he only pictures I had of Rogue. All of them, gone, just like that. I think I have ONE in print

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Felurian

That was a totally and incredibly bitchy thing for her to do. And mean -- to an insane degree.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I am so sorry Dak (((((((hugs)))))))

Totally hear you on the picture thing... My old computer, that died, and my moms old computer, that also died, were he only pictures I had of Rogue. All of them, gone, just like that. I think I have ONE in print
Aw (((HUGS))) to you too. I know it sucks. So bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That was a totally and incredibly bitchy thing for her to do. And mean -- to an insane degree.
You got that right.
Then she had the NERVE to post pictures of Bear on her FB AFTER we broke up. A mutual friend of ours told me Charla had pics of Bear on her fb, about 3 weeks ago. I was livid, to say the least.
I contacted Charla and told her it would be in her best interest to delete them. Our mutual friend said she took them down that day.
Good thing on her part. I did however get our mutual friend to email me the pictures, so I could have the 2 Charla posted on there.
So I have 3 pics of him, but one of them has Charla in them. I just wish Ihad the picture she ripped up.
Daddy took it. Bear and I were sitting on the hill in our backyard watching the geese play and Bear had his paw on my knee and you could she our shadows in the field. It was so beautiful.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Just try me..

Which pic do you have? I think I photoshopped some lines on him way back.. I still have it I think. (I could try to take the lines back off...)
Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Which pic do you have? I think I photoshopped some lines on him way back.. I still have it I think. (I could try to take the lines back off...)
The ones that Charla and I's mutual friend got was one of Charla holding him and the other he was sitting on a park bench.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Just try me..

Its not high quality, but if you want I can do my best to take the lines off (on is easier than off) tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Love my pets

Hugs.......Try to remember the love you shared......