Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

these street dogs are melting my heart!!

i am a HUGE fan of the Portuguese Podengo and for some reason there are actually a significant number (and by that i mean i've seen about five in two years) in rescue here. i thought maybe it's because i'm so close to such a major city now and not out in the sticks of the world, comparatively. the pariahs are in my top three of types to own no matter what my boyfriend says (he is forever stuck on Frenchies, complete opposite end of the spectrum indeed!). i only worry that i could potentially be doing these dogs a disservice based on my location. that's not to say anyone who owns these dogs in a likewise cold climate is doing their dogs a disservice, but it would be very new to me to own a dog like that where the winters are so cold.
what sort of precautions do you have to take with these dogs and the cold, in general? would a sweater and jacket really be enough in -25C weather with some snow on the ground?

My Polyvore