Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Kotah BEAR

I atill think the breath right strips are a genius idea lol
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm All Ears

The one thing that struck me about Cricket was how small she was! I expected her to be about mal size but she's really small.

Keep in mind Nard (left) is 6 lbs and Beau is usually around 8.

DSC_5752 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_5749 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_5698 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Haha

DSC_5694 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

She's a very pretty girl

DSC_5725 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_5741 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

In the short time I spent with her she seemed like a really happy and pretty darn bombproof little dog.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
The one thing that struck me about Cricket was how small she was! I expected her to be about mal size but she's really small.

Keep in mind Nard (left) is 6 lbs and Beau is usually around 8.

DSC_5752 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_5749 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_5698 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Haha

DSC_5694 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

She's a very pretty girl

DSC_5725 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_5741 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

In the short time I spent with her she seemed like a really happy and pretty darn bombproof little dog.
Aw she looks wonderful with your paps, you should get one to

And Josh looks awesome holding the Paps lol

She is so pretty, I just love her coat.
And I like bombproof, LOVE bombproof lol
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Cricket looks about Webby-sized

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Professional Nerd

I love the look of these pariah mutts, but they are just smaller than what I'm looking for in a dog. I'd like something at least 50 lbs.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I'll explain a bit about Cricket.... Though bear in mind that it varies from dog to dog as they are a type and not a breed as was stated already.

As a puppy Cricket was pretty fearless. She was super curious and a very fast learner. She retains information like a sponge although in the same breath I should add that she was also a bit on the stubborn side. She has a "what's in it for me?" attitude. She's a very soft dog.

She loves being near me, but she is definitely more independent than Bamm. She is super athletic, but definitely has an off switch. She can play for days and she is faster than any dog I know. She's only a little over a year old, but while other dogs her age are still in a very puppy stage, she has almost a wise type of aura about her. Not sure how to explain that exactly sorry. But... She is still young and has her moments of zoomies etc. she is definitely a pretty bombproof dog though and is really dog friendly and likes most people she meets.

She excels in agility though I'm in the process of finding an agility club that trains more for competition rather than for mere fun and giggles because there's a lot of groundwork that wasn't being taught in our class. I'd like to dabble around with her in other activities as well to see how she does such as dock diving, rally etc.

As far as physical build... She fits pretty much the description Leah gave. The only downside I have with her is her skin is a little dry sometimes and her skin is pretty sensitive. I'm hoping that will improve with diet change though. If you have any specific questions about her or questions about stuff I may have missed definitely ask.

I'll post pics in a few. Though.... You have the pics Lauren posted to tide you over.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Behavior Nerd

Speaking of "type" vs. breed, here's a pic of the street dogs in Trinidad I saw in 2005. Same roots (pariah type), similar sizing, build, and color, but different locale!

(yes this is a little R-rated - the brindle had an injury - but it's the only close up I have)

Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I'll explain a bit about Cricket.... Though bear in mind that it varies from dog to dog as they are a type and not a breed as was stated already.

As a puppy Cricket was pretty fearless. She was super curious and a very fast learner. She retains information like a sponge although in the same breath I should add that she was also a bit on the stubborn side. She has a "what's in it for me?" attitude. She's a very soft dog.

She loves being near me, but she is definitely more independent than Bamm. She is super athletic, but definitely has an off switch. She can play for days and she is faster than any dog I know. She's only a little over a year old, but while other dogs her age are still in a very puppy stage, she has almost a wise type of aura about her. Not sure how to explain that exactly sorry. But... She is still young and has her moments of zoomies etc. she is definitely a pretty bombproof dog though and is really dog friendly and likes most people she meets.

She excels in agility though I'm in the process of finding an agility club that trains more for competition rather than for mere fun and giggles because there's a lot of groundwork that wasn't being taught in our class. I'd like to dabble around with her in other activities as well to see how she does such as dock diving, rally etc.

As far as physical build... She fits pretty much the description Leah gave. The only downside I have with her is her skin is a little dry sometimes and her skin is pretty sensitive. I'm hoping that will improve with diet change though. If you have any specific questions about her or questions about stuff I may have missed definitely ask.

I'll post pics in a few. Though.... You have the pics Lauren posted to tide you over.
She sounds lovely. <3
I would love to come visit her (and you, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Speaking of "type" vs. breed, here's a pic of the street dogs in Trinidad I saw in 2005. Same roots (pariah type), similar sizing, build, and color, but different locale!

(yes this is a little R-rated - the brindle had an injury - but it's the only close up I have)
Street dogs have such a... charm about them.
They just look like they want to be loved and they look so smart and adorable.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Just try me..

Dak.. one thing to think about if you want a performance dog. These dogs are not being bred FOR anything. So type and temperament will vary quite a bit. They are typical pariah dogs who practice Hardy Weinberg random mating. They are self selecting for survival traits, which in themselves will vary. So I would go with an older pup
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Dak.. one thing to think about if you want a performance dog. These dogs are not being bred FOR anything. So type and temperament will vary quite a bit. They are typical pariah dogs who practice Hardy Weinberg random mating. They are self selecting for survival traits, which in themselves will vary. So I would go with an older pup
I agree, if I wanted a wonderful rescue, a great cause, I would get a Mexidog. Talla especially is beautiful. However, if I wanted a sport dog I would get a sport dog or an adult rescue and not take a chance with a puppy.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.