Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Cloudcandy

Oh jeeze.Good luck.I can't offer much advice from experience as I am still in my first LTR.All I can offer as advice is too focus on yourself,make yourself happy and become responsible for your emotions.By that I mean don't be sad because he's not there,try and become strong yourself.If he's worth it he'll come back.If not then he has lost out not you!
What exactly happened?Did he actually just say that and leave?Or was there more to it?
Good luck and good vibes
Oh and eat as much icecream and watch some rom-coms X

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
— Lemony Snicket
Old 12-30-2011, 02:08 PM
The Littlest Hound

Fran, you made me cry <3 thank you.

Already got a cut & color & a new dress... lol

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 12-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
It's easy to do.

Has he seen anyone at all? I'm taking a shot in the dark, but it sounds like he's dealt with a lot--any chance he's still going through some PTSD stuff?

It just seems strange to change so drastically so suddenly. With my old relationships, it was a gradual thing, not an overnight "I need a 180 life change" thing.
This is what I was thinking too that maybe he's having a health problem or struggling with something like Cali mentioned. For some reason men can sometimes think that we are better off without them than with them and their issues... they are usually wrong lol but it's how some people handle health issues or mental distress. Better off without me than WITH a broken me.

Just an idea.

My brother and his wife were married for 13 years and had 4 beautiful children and then suddenly his wife did a complete 180 and started fooling around on him and all kinds of crazy stuff. My family basically hates her now but I'm left here wondering whats wrong with her (whether it's physically, mentally, emotionally or what) because people don't just have a personality transplant overnight generally.

I'm so sorry you are going through this I wish I had some advice

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Kotah BEAR

Oh Fran, I could hug you for that post <3

You have to be one of the most inspiration people I know, I know I have said that before but still.
I know who to go to in terms of love stuff now lol

Plott - It sucks. It really does. BUT you are a strong, beautiful woman and I PROMISE you will everything fiber of my being, you WILL be okay, you WILL make it.
Do exactly as Fran said, and things will be okay.

(((HUGS))) to you, and I hope you feel better.
NEVER EVER let a man define you. YOU are your own person, and we find ways to rise this kind of stuff. (((HUGS))) again.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I'm so sorry that really sucks

but yeah Ditto to EVERYTHING that Fran said...

(Im so stealing that first picture)
Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM
The Littlest Hound

he does have PTSD and a traumatic brain injury... he's a true success story, in that he functions pretty normally. but yea, that's stuff that never really goes away. he spent 3 years at walter reed...

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Love my pets

Please know you are a good person. I thought the same thing after a 21 year marriage ended, but happy to say I moved on, found a great guy who I married and am happy again. Take each day one at a time and live life the fullest.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Pyr Pressure

Sorry you're going through all of this. Things usually end up working out some how. Just for now take care of yourself the future will still be there tomorrow and you don't need to have it all figured out right away. Take time and let yourself heal.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Very Food Agressive

I've been there. I was so bad after my last break up that I ended up in a psychiatric facility on suicide watch. Now, a lot of other things were also wrong with me but I do understand the feeling like it will never be the same again. And you're right, it won't. And even though it's hard to see right now, things will actually be better. *hugs*

Lacquer Ninja

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Better off without me than WITH a broken me.
Yeah. And it makes me angry that people think they can make that decision for you. If somebody didn't want you, either broken or whole, then they wouldn't BE here, would they??

I know how you feel, Plottmom. I wasn't "with" the person I love, although I'd hoped to be. But that didn't make it hurt any less when they decided to cut me out of their life without any real explanation. (Some Chazzers know the story, but I'm not posting it here). Its been about four months now since I last talked to this person. I didn't eat for a week, and I cried every night and sometimes during the day. Heck I still cry some nights. This thread is threatening to make me cry right now. And I can't escape their memories, I have pictures of them in with certain other pictures that have to do with a place that is a big part of my life right now. One of my roommates has a sibling by the same name, so I hear the name all the time. This person is just put in my face all the time.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!