Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-20-2011, 03:01 AM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

http://www.hillspet.com/ideal-balanc...d-compare.html

I don't know whether to or
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-20-2011, 04:48 AM
dignity's Avatar
dignity dignity is offline
Pyr Pressure
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 107
Default

Well - they decided to jump on the bandwagon. . .
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-20-2011, 10:44 AM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
That site... oh my god.

OPTIMAL NUTRIENT RANGE*

*Source Small Animal Clinical Nutrition, 5th Edition.

Small Animal.

So confused. Not to mention they're selectively choosing "nutrients" that give them the edge, like calcium and phosphorus.
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-20-2011, 10:58 AM
JustaLilBitaLuck's Avatar
JustaLilBitaLuck JustaLilBitaLuck is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
That site... oh my god.

OPTIMAL NUTRIENT RANGE*

*Source Small Animal Clinical Nutrition, 5th Edition.

Small Animal.

So confused. Not to mention they're selectively choosing "nutrients" that give them the edge, like calcium and phosphorus.
I have paged through that very book, and it is focused on dog and cat nutrition. "Small Animal", in veterinary medicine, generally denotes dogs and cats.

If you run a small animal practice, you see dogs and cats. If you run a large animal/production animal practice, you see cows, sheep, horses, etc.
__________________
Megan
| Jack - Lhasa Apso | Missy - Rottweiler | Heidi - Cocker Spaniel | Sassy - Siamese | Emmy & Oscar - Parakeets |
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
I have paged through that very book, and it is focused on dog and cat nutrition. "Small Animal", in veterinary medicine, generally denotes dogs and cats.

If you run a small animal practice, you see dogs and cats. If you run a large animal/production animal practice, you see cows, sheep, horses, etc.
Okay, that thought had run through my head, but as you know, in the pet trade "Small Animal" pretty much means pocket pets. LOL.
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-20-2011, 05:37 PM
JustaLilBitaLuck's Avatar
JustaLilBitaLuck JustaLilBitaLuck is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Okay, that thought had run through my head, but as you know, in the pet trade "Small Animal" pretty much means pocket pets. LOL.
Haha, I know! It gets so confusing - at school a "Small Animal" is a dog or cat, and at work, a "Small Animal" is a mouse/hamster/rabbit/etc.

In my experience, in veterinary medicine, mice/hamsters/rats/rabbits/etc are referred to as "pocket pets" - for example, we have a class titled "Care of Pocket Pets"
__________________
Megan
| Jack - Lhasa Apso | Missy - Rottweiler | Heidi - Cocker Spaniel | Sassy - Siamese | Emmy & Oscar - Parakeets |
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site