Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I never thought I'd ever defend the Duggars, but I am. I'm not paying for their children. Their children are polite and spend much of their time involved in community service programs. But I think so many people have already said it better than me, so I'll leave it at that.
See to me I don't think anyone should have that many kids. Its not paying for them now issue. The earth can only hold so many people, so while yes we do need to keep the population going and the next generation is critical having this many.. even if you can pay for them is selfish and harmful. Its not about money.

If these kids grow up to have large families etc etc.. they will absolutely be responsible for over population issues.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
See to me I don't think anyone should have that many kids. Its not paying for them now issue. The earth can only hold so many people, so while yes we do need to keep the population going and the next generation is critical having this many.. even if you can pay for them is selfish and harmful. Its not about money.

If these kids grow up to have large families etc etc.. they will absolutely be responsible for over population issues.
The amount of people in the US at least that have this many kids is in the extreme minority, hence the reality show-if it were common it wouldn't be worthy of a show. The birth rates in many western nations are dropping as fewer people are having fewer children. I really doubt that the Duggars will have any sort of measurable effect on world population when the trend in the US is to have fewer children, not more.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
The amount of people in the US at least that have this many kids is in the extreme minority, hence the reality show-if it were common it wouldn't be worthy of a show. The birth rates in many western nations are dropping as fewer people are having fewer children. I really doubt that the Duggars will have any sort of measurable effect on world population when the trend in the US is to have fewer children, not more.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Birth rates are dropping but more children are living to maturity, so its not the same thing.

I agree its a bit of a rareity. I still find it selfish. Knowing people personally with more than 3 kids its not THAT rare to increase the population. (even if you figure many people won't... the populations are still rising)