Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Glad things were FINALLY taken care of
Old 12-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

Yeah, glad you finally got it. Doesn't that just beat all?!?! So....they will do you the big favor of better service IF you pay extra for it! OMG! I think that would be my last time giving them business.

This winter, I've been shopping a lot online and buying things from Cabela's and LL Bean, a few items from JC Penny's and even a few things from Walmart on line. They have been delivering these things. I might expect some kind of glitch with Walmart, but everything went smoothly, as it did with JC Penny's. And of course, no surprise to me, Cabela's and LL Bean....fantastic customer service....always. They are a pleasure to do business with. Returns at any time, for any reason are accepted with no questions asked and with graciousness...always. They're efficient, on time, polite, friendly and never make a mistake with your order. I've done business with them close to 40 years. It would be so nice if every business practiced what those people do.

Anyhow, I bet you're glad to be finished with all that.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yes definitely glad its over and glad te freezer is in
Place because we really needed it lol. We were running an old dinosaur fridge/freeZer that was too small to hold everything and cost a fortune to run. The chest freezer looks smaller but holds more so now it looks huge in there

The delivery driver... I felt bad for him, he was probably dealing with angry people all day. He said that i was in fact supposed to get a phone call with a timeframe and NO you dont pay extra for that courtesy but no one made the nIght before phone calls so come the wnd of his shifthe had a lot of impatient people who were left in the dark

But he was kind and polite and was genuinely sorry for making me wait. I felt bad for him. He was the front line guy taking the flack for the companies screw up.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Top Dog

That's weird. I could have sworn I read something before about paying something extra for something or other. I'm loosin' it.

Yes, the drivers or installers always take the brunt of it. I had issues with Comcast. (I hate Comcast) And the installer was very nice and even said I was the 2nd person in TWO HOURS who was told he/she wouldn't be charged for something and was! They lie outright.

Well, it is nice that you finally have your freezer. I had a very large chest freezer from Sears which I left at my place in Idaho. Freezers usually last forever. I had that one since 1978 and it was still working great...just very large and I didn't need it anymore and this garage isn't very big so didn't want to take up space. But they are indeed nice to have. If I ever need one, I'll get one of those smaller sized chest freezers. I must prefer the chest style to the upright...love those baskets that you scoot around to get at things underneath. Plus, you can hold the lid open for a long time while you decide what to get out or when you're straightening it up. Since cold falls to the bottom, you don't lose any cold or waste energy. So, congrats on the new freezer.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson