Do you think I should take Seren to the vet...

Dekka

Just try me..
So Seren was sick a couple of weeks ago. Vomited all over the place one night (in her crate) had a very runny nose, sneezing. Her poor nose was swollen and chapped.

Her appatite was great and her poop normal. She seemed happy happy. I have never in my life had a dog with a cold, but that is what it seemed to be. I talked to ppls on here and my vet and it was decided since she seemed happy and was still a hearty eater she was ok.

Its about two weeks later. No more vomiting, but her nose is still running and she still sneezes. She some times snortles when she breathes cause of her runny nose. No other dogs have caught this cold.. so is it a cold.

Oh and the ends of her ear leather is thickening and is scaly and scabby. The ear canal is clean as a whistle. It is not an injury.

I haven't had her all that long but she seems to feel the cold more than any JRT I have ever owned.

So do you think she is still getting over a cold or should she go into the vet?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Bad allergies? If it's lasted this long I would think something other than a cold but I don't think it's super serious. Have you tried giving her some Benadryl - I might give her a dose and see if that clears it up.

i wouldn't. I'd just watch her for changes. A runny nose isn't a reason for a vet visit to me. Especially of appetite is normal and everything else seems normal.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'm not really a dash-to-the-vet-for-everything person, but a mystery illness lingering for two weeks and showing no sign of going away? Yeah, I'd be heading in pronto.

Not hypothetical either...Webby had a mysterious thing going on a few months ago...thought it was just allergies and it seemed to get better on its own...then suddenly came back and in we went. Like Seran he was his usual self in terms of attitude and appetite. Glad I made the call though.

Dekka

Just try me..
OK thanks for the advice. Its so hard as I don't know her all that well. Maybe this is a bit subdued for her.

I agree if it was just a runny nose I would likely leave it. And I will try benadryl today just to see. But ya the ear leather thing is just weird!

The first symptoms don't really warrant a vet visit, as it is most likely something minor that should pass with the dogs immune system. The only thing I'm worried about is the ear scabbing, that seems like a separate condition in itself and would probably require a vet check. Hope she's better by now.

Members online

No members online now.