Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

Default I saved a dog a few days ago..

This happened a few days ago, thought I'd share this story here too!

Here's the story:

The girl who I got Wilson from had fostered this boy awhile back. She adopted him out to a family about a month ago, they were very nice, seemed like a great home.

So, she went on vacation about 3wks. ago to FL. Got a call pretty much the first day she was there that he was at animal control. Apparently the couple that adopted him decided they didn't want him anymore and just.. let him go. Thankfully, his microchip was still registered to her! So for the past few weeks, she's been trying to figure out how to get him back.

Apparently this particular AC is like.. a Pit Bull concentration camp. They will only adopt them out to homes with NO other animals, no kids, must have a fence, all that stuff. My friend had two different people try to go "adopt" him and they were denied because they already had other dogs. She herself has 3 dogs at home.. so they wouldn't even adopt him out to her, even though he is registered to her and she wasn't the one who caused him to get there!

She got a call on Monday that he had until Wednesday to get out, or he would be PTS. After hearing this, I called my friend at another shelter and had her call AC to say she'd pull him. I went and picked him up that afternoon. What a day! Such a screwed up situation too.. the fact that AC was going to PTS a dog that they KNEW had a home (my friend has been in pretty much constant communication with them trying to get them to release him to her friends) waiting for him just blows my mind. They even mentioned to me that he had a microchip registered to someone.. yeah, the person who has been calling you pleading for you not to kill her dog? Ugh!

So this is Cobia (yes, he has Demodex, poor guy)..

(he's not THAT black, editing made him look darker than he really is)

My friend got back from FL on Tuesday and picked him up then.. what a reunion. He was so excited! He's now looking for his *forever* home (since he was never intended on being my friends dog forever), see thread here: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show....php?p=1905039
Old 12-09-2011, 11:23 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Cobia is a lucky dog to have such people watching his back. Good for you.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

OMG He is so good looking, even with those terribly chopped ears. I really hope he finds his forever home..

Hearing stories like this makes me really want to adopt a pitbull. maybe oneday, but right now having terriers it does not look good. I would really love to adopt a old pitbull, maybe when Im ready I can find a less DA in the shelters.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 12-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Top Dog

I'm glad you were able to help him

My Photos
Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
OMG He is so good looking, even with those terribly chopped ears. I really hope he finds his forever home..

Hearing stories like this makes me really want to adopt a pitbull. maybe oneday, but right now having terriers it does not look good. I would really love to adopt a old pitbull, maybe when Im ready I can find a less DA in the shelters.
Yeah unfortunately his "breeder" chopped them off.. when my friend originally saw him, they were sewn up with fishing line.

LOL I have 3 of them and planning on getting more.. they're like chips, you can't have just one!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Oh he is beautiful... I wish I had the space <3

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 12-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Professional Nerd

Oh, he's lovely. Thanks for pulling him!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Top Dog

Thanks guys. He's just adorable.. and is such a sweet boy!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Kotah BEAR

Oh my goodness, if I could get a dog I'd drive and come get him tonight.
And what a terrible, sad situation.
AC is such a piece of ****.
Our local AC are nothing but a bunch of dumb@ss' who know NOTHING about dogs, seriously they are horrible people.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Oh my goodness, if I could get a dog I'd drive and come get him tonight.
And what a terrible, sad situation.
AC is such a piece of ****.
Our local AC are nothing but a bunch of dumb@ss' who know NOTHING about dogs, seriously they are horrible people.
Oh I was fuming.. but I had to bite my tongue, didn't want to jeopardize anything.

Luckily, this is the only AC in my local area that is like this. The others are actually very Pit Bull friendly and work really hard to get the dogs adopted! I'm just happy I have connections and was able to make a simple phone call to get this guy pulled..

I could kill the people who just dumped him.. I mean, who does that?! Especially when they had my friends phone number, they could've just called her. Thank god they didn't change his microchip to their name, or my friend would've never known. So scary to think about..