He eliminates inside and outside.

I have a 4 month Beagle. We got him when he was 2 months. Here is the problem, when I take him out to eliminate, he doesnt do it outside all the time. Because when I get back upstairs, he will go on the wee wee pads.
How can I get him to always go outside?

One more thing. I feed him 2x a day. (at the exact time) So why does he go at all different times? His schedule changes everyday.

And yes he has a crate where he sleeps in.

I need help. THX

Basically you have trained him that it is o.k. to go inside on the piddle pads, he figures it's warmer inside and his feet won't get ucky if he goes inside. If you want him trained for outside only you need to get rid of the piddle pads. If he has the chance to use them inside he will.

Thanx for the advice. one more thing, do you think he will go outside even when its freezing cold? i live in NY and the temperature today is bout 40....

I know mine really prefer not to go outside when it's freezing. We are going to have the same problem as you, we piddle pad trained also and still keep them down so they can use them during the day when we are at work. I know they don't like to go outside in the rain, wind or cold so I'm just going to be buying more and more piddle pads throughout the winter.. They do great during the warmer weather, if we let them out on a regular schedule they won't use the piddle pads except when we are away.

Members online

No members online now.