Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

View Poll Results: What features and/or tools would you like to see augmented or improved on Chazhound?
Upgrade chat 25 43.86%
Enable video embedding 22 38.60%
Add Tapatalk for mobile browsing 25 43.86%
Add *Like* feature 42 73.68%
Other 4 7.02%
German Chocolate Cake 17 29.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Top Dog

Yeah a non-anonymous disagree button is just bad news on the peaceful forum front lol but if it's just a like or thank you for this post button (I know of one forum that lists usernames below the post) then I hope it can be made non-anonymous (nonymous?? Lol)
Old 12-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Felurian

Yah, totally NOT a fan of anonymity in most cases, especially if you disagree. If you disagree with something you should be willing to say so openly. I can see way too many pitfalls with having a way to anonymously disagree.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Yah, totally NOT a fan of anonymity in most cases, especially if you disagree. If you disagree with something you should be willing to say so openly. I can see way too many pitfalls with having a way to anonymously disagree.
You have NO IDEA how much drama there is over that one little button. It's actually pretty entertaining on that forum but I suspect that's largely because I don't know many people over there and thus don't care about the internet bloodshed. I like the other buttons though and I think they could work well on this forum.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Twin 2

One of the things I worry about with the "like" button is that it'll lead to less posting, especially on picture threads. There are some picture threads where people get very few replies and if you have the option to just "like" it I worry that'll decrease the replies even more.

I mean, there are many times I've found myself going "If only we had a 'like' button" but because we don't I posted instead which I think adds more.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
One of the things I worry about with the "like" button is that it'll lead to less posting, especially on picture threads. There are some picture threads where people get very few replies and if you have the option to just "like" it I worry that'll decrease the replies even more.

I mean, there are many times I've found myself going "If only we had a 'like' button" but because we don't I posted instead which I think adds more.
Yeah I know what you mean about the photothreads, but a lot of times people ARE looking at them, they just dont' know what to say, especially if they're looking at multiple threads. I know it's been said before but sometimes it's hard to come up with a unique comment for each of them and while I'd like to leave a little something on each, there's only so many threads you can say "aww cute!" on before it seems insincere. So while comments may go down I do think they'll get substantially more recognition via "thank you"'s or "likes" or whatever. I dunno, maybe it'll even out?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Professional Nerd

Good point on the "like" button. It may cause less interaction.

Huge fan of Tapatalk here. It's used on a breed related forum that I moderate and others that I visit. It's used by a lot of members, and it really makes surfing from a mobile a nice experience. Those using phones and tablets to access will find that it's a smooth experience.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

I have another other. Because this is like the hundredth time I've done this, can we please move the "Mark Forums Read" link out from under the "Today's Posts" link? I hit it all the freaking time on accident. Especially on my phone. It makes me sad.

(In the grand scheme of things I'd rather have all the other stuff mentioned but this one thing makes me irrationally angry. Lol)

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-01-2011, 01:11 PM
aussiedoggie

I agree with the point Linds made and was going to mention it if it hadn't been. I am on another forum with a 'like' button, and people like ... but then never post. I have seen a puppy picture thread as an example where there were about 20 likes and 6 replies. I know I prefer to read replies ... even if duplicate .... then see a bunch of likes.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Twin 2.0

I just want my little red man back in chat.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I picked ability to embed video (because otherwise, honestly, I don't watch them ) and "like" button!

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)