Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

I'm in one and it sucks. It's been since Feb 19. There's no arguing or anything to suggest our relationship is faltering, if anything it's stronger than ever, but it's very depressing, never seeing him. And also I haven't had a phone for a while so it's just internet communication. I definitely wouldn't recommend it but when you love someone you sacrifice...
Old 11-29-2011, 05:06 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Well...I've never been good at LDRs but that probably just says something about me and the relationships, not necessarily anything about LDRs in general. Both times there was a finite endpoint for the LD part (even if we didn't know when that event would take place)...one relationship didn't make it, one did.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Squishy face

My roommate is currently in an LDR. Her fiance lives in Australia and we live here in the States. He came over here for a year, and then had to go back because his VISA expired. They are working toward a fiance VISA and they have a general area of an endpoint (perhaps in March he'll be allowed to come back, but it could be earlier or later. Yay bureaucracy). Even though they know its not forever, this LDR is HARD on them because of radically different time zones, plus they both have jobs, so they don't get to talk much. :/ But they can get through it because they are devoted to each other, and they both want the same stuff, get married, have kids, etc. Plus, even though my roomie is very family oriented, she would leave it all behind just to be with her fiance, and he would do the same for her.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

A friend of mine is currently in a LDR. He is in PA, she's obviously here in IN. His family is here, so he comes up over school breaks and the like, but it is still hard on her to not be able to physically be with him. Like Fran and Beanie said, it isn't about the sex...she told me today that she was finally able to get her fireplace going and when she was sitting there in front of it, she just wanted him to be there with her and it made her feel like complete and total crap that he wasn't. They talk on the phone at least once a day and the communication and trust definitely isn't lacking, but it is hard on them both to not be able to be with each other. She has a semester left and he is done next fall, and if it wasn't for the fact that they had that to look forward to I honestly don't know how they would manage.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Who woulda thought <3

Definitely agree with what Fran posted...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 AM
and Spy.

Thanks for all the input guys I got some really great insight and a little more perspective. Definitely will be some things to think about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.