Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 11-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Cloudcandy

Thanks Lizzybeth,never saw your comment.
I moved the toiley away and in place put her food bowl down there(throughly cleabed the area fist,but hoped that would help her recognise it as"not my toilet area").
She's been doing well...but I'm not sure how much this is due to me controlling everything.When I come to her crate in the morning she seem's to get that the leash is going on and we go for a pee etc.She's signelled to me my going to the door once..and since then has had an accidebt in her crate ( ) and accident while sleeping in my bed(VERY unsual...as before when she used the pads she would jump out of bed and pee...this time she had been pottied an hour ago and made no effort to move!)
Anyway I just have to keep at it I guess!I'm not giving up now anyway!My boyf seem's to think I should bring her toiley back out for night times but I'm not convinced,plus bringning t back would also confuse her more.
Thanks for the support guys!
Do you have any suggestions for when I take her to other people's houses?

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 11-20-2011, 07:39 AM
*Now with Snark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcandy View Post
Do you have any suggestions for when I take her to other people's houses?
Yep, take her outside to potty. Reward her when she does it, put her in a crate when you can't have your eyeballs on her.

If she can't be trusted at night she needs to be in her crate, if she's pottying in the crate she needed to go out and that need wasn't met. Take your time - consistency and no don't bring that potty back in. Maybe setting up a schedule would help?
Old 11-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Cloudcandy

Its just unusual as I would have expected to here her crying or something.For the next couple of nigts I may wake her up in the middle of the night too.Also I'm going to try and take her out at atleast two designated times for her morning and evening potty.Its just hard to have a schedule as each day is different for me :S Anyway its early days I guess hopefully it eill quick eventually.At the least when I open the door she runs to the designated spot,so something must be sinking in!

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Top Dog

Honestly we've never had a problem with having a puppy on pee pads first and then to peeing outside.

All 3 of our dogs were on pee pads at the breeder's house and Truffs and Pop were on pee pads up until 6 months old (with potty breaks outside as well). It seems to work for us. Plus they still have an emergency pee pad just in case one day we can't get back in time and they really need to go.

Nia didn't like the pee pads at all so she didn't really use them after I got her home.

What we did is after the dog is consistently using the pee pads, we treat for going outside but don't treat for pee pad. They learned to pee/poop outside pretty fast either way.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Cloudcandy

Ah man,wish I'd read that comment before I got rid of her pads!It would be confusing for her if i brought them back though...right?
She's still at that stage where unless I'm ontop of her like a hawk I can't trust her.However she does seem to understand where the toilet is now.
I guess I need to be reallt consistent with the treats!
also so far only pee accidents....no poops ?

Lemony Snicket