Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Wookie Collie

Default Ysera

My cute little crestie is dead.

I have no idea how it happened. I misted and fed her last night, and she was climbing about, licking the water droplets... eventually made it to her food bowl, ate, and continued climbing around. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Went to take up her empty food bowl an hour ago, and misted her. She was in the soil in a sleeping position, which didn't make me bat an eyelash, that's normal. Then I looked closer... she was fired red and her pupils were dilated. In the daytime.

Poked her a bit, and she had indeed died, sometime in the night, while sleeping.

I'm upset because it was so sudden and so mysterious. She was so sweet, so friendly, and so so funny to have around. When I thought I had lost her from an escape in May, I was beside myself. Now, I'm numb.

I checked her soil for mites, nothing. It may have been a blockage, but it doesn't seem like it, and I'm not about to necropsy a gecko. I wish I knew.

RIP Ysera. I did my best by you, and you were a **** awesome pet to have. I'll definitely get another crestie in the future, thanks to you. <3

Back when she still had a tail...

This was the colour I found her in today. Ironic, I guess. It was my favorite colour pattern of hers and I so rarely got to see it due to it being her night colour.

RIP girlie.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014