Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-10-2005, 09:14 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco&quiras mama
i dont know how it is in the states but here we have regulations.. many...
and recommendations.. one is dont leave your dog alone for more than 4 hours..
crating for a long time is not allowed, keeping a dog tied up in the yard is not allowed ASO.

seems kinder to the animal.

I realize that its hard to have a job and have a dog , thats why i say lan ahead. save money and you wont have these problems..
See, I think that's dumb. I do think that no chaining laws are good, because a lot of the time, the dog just lives it's life and the end of a chain with little or no human contact, but saying you can't crate your dog for more than a certain time is crazy. Just because somebody crates their dog for more name a few hours does not make them bad owners - two of my dogs are crated during the night, for eight to ten hours. They have water, toys, and beds inside. If they need to go out in the middle of the night (which happens very rarely), somebody gets up and lets them out. They are not abused or neglected because we crate them. They don't sit in crap.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
If you could bring her out for a nice walk and to go to the bathroom in the morning that would be great - she calm down, get some fresh air, and go to the bathroom.
who doesnt take their dog out in the morning ?????
and 5 - 10 min ??? they should get a walk.. not a few secs to "go" and then back in the house.

and i know an adult dog can hold it for more than 4 hours .. im saying they shouldnt have to be alone for much longer.. and the 4 hour thing .. my dogs have been alone longer then that but very rearly.. everyday is just....... well

Old 11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
no touchy

Quote:
who doesnt take their dog out in the morning ?????
and 5 - 10 min ??? they should get a walk.. not a few secs to "go" and then back in the house.

and i know an adult dog can hold it for more than 4 hours .. im saying they shouldnt have to be alone for much longer.. and the 4 hour thing .. my dogs have been alone longer then that but very rearly.. everyday is just....... well
Obviously every dog should be taken out in the morning, I was saying if they could also take her for a WALK in the morning that would be great.

My dogs do NOT get a walk in the morning. I guess I'm a bad owner, then, right? 'Cause I let them out into the yard, they do their thing, run around a little if they feel like it, and then come inside....wow bad me. Obviously if I didn't have a yard, or didn't want my dogs using the yard, I would walk them, but I like letting them outside into the yard. There's no way, now that it's cold, that I'd take them for a walk every time they need to do their business, LOL. I am not walking through snow so they can pee LOL!
Just sleeping.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Big Dog

am i saying your dogs sit in crap ??? where ??

i was telling you about our laws nothing more/less..
if you feel good knowing your dog cant strech its***180;legs for 8 hours then what ever .. if you think your dog wouldnt much rather be out running and playing then you are kidding yourself.

I***180;m gonna sleep very comfortably tonight...

Old 11-10-2005, 09:24 PM
no touchy

Quote:
am i saying your dogs sit in crap ??? where ??

i was telling you about our laws nothing more/less..
if you feel good knowing your dog cant strech itslegs for 8 hours then what ever .. if you think your dog wouldnt much rather be out running and playing then you are kidding yourself.

Im gonna sleep very comfortably tonight...
Oh please. My dogs LOVE their crates. They all go for walks every day and have a nice yard that they run in together and chase squirrels, too.
Just sleeping.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Big Dog

just like ppl it***180;s good for them to get a long walk in the morning.
I***180;m sure you have the happiest dogs in the world.
no need to get defensive.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Top Dog

I live on acreage with lots of wilderness surrounding me. I let my dogs out whenever they want to go out and back in whenever they want to come in. They run around a little out in the yard, go potty etc. In the morning in the winter....now (it's cold) they go out and pee and come back in and go back to bed. They're like teenagers. "Leave me alone and let me sleep." They pull the covers back over their heads. I get my coffee and go online, then do some chores, hang out. The dogs are lounging around, get their breakfast etc. We don't go for a walk or hike till mid day, sometimes later in the afternoon. We go for about an hour or hour and a half. It's off leash on a trail in the woods or on the beach. That's it for the organized walk. Otherwise, they hang out a lot inside with me...going out to potty or trot around the yard a little bit. My dogs have a very nice life, have training, have classes and have marvelous places to go for a hike just about every day. Occassionally, if it's really cold, like less than 15 degrees F, we skip the walks altogether and just hang out.

I'm retired and am home most all the time, but sometimes go shopping or out on the town at night, usually not gone more than about 4-6 hours, but they're adults and can just hang out on the couches and look out the window or watch TV. LOL.