Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 11-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Top Dog

I saw this e-mail from Champion on another forum:

Quote:
We are coming out with some new ACANA formulas, the first is Duck & Bartlett Pear, it is a single source protein consisting of duck meat, duck fat and duck liver. The protein level is 25%. The other formula is Lamb & Apple which again is a single source protein consisting of lamb and the protein percentage is also 25%.

These new formulas will be available for purchase by the end of November.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Wookie Collie

By "new" I assume they mean to the states, since Lamb & Apple isn't new here. But if you guys get the LIDs, that would be spiffy!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I saw this e-mail from Champion on another forum:
Are you sure it wasn't an email from when the line came out in Canada? I've seen formula changes regarding their foods, only to realize it was the changes from last year, lol. As far as I know, AAFCO has NOT changed their labeling of Milk Thistle, meaning this food will NOT be in stores in the US. Plus, if we were getting them, I'm pretty sure our rep would have mentioned it, since he is in our store a lot and was basically beating down the door to get Ranchlands on our shelves.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Are you sure it wasn't an email from when the line came out in Canada? I've seen formula changes regarding their foods, only to realize it was the changes from last year, lol. As far as I know, AAFCO has NOT changed their labeling of Milk Thistle, meaning this food will NOT be in stores in the US. Plus, if we were getting them, I'm pretty sure our rep would have mentioned it, since he is in our store a lot and was basically beating down the door to get Ranchlands on our shelves.
The guy from Zeus was at our store yesterday, and he said that we would most likely be getting the THREE new formulas. It's a completely seperate, brand-new line, different from the Classic and the Grain-Free.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
No, the e-mail was from October 31, 2011. Am I allowed to post the link to another forum? I have no idea.... lol.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
The guy from Zeus was at our store yesterday, and he said that we would most likely be getting the THREE new formulas. It's a completely seperate, brand-new line, different from the Classic and the Grain-Free.
That's good to know!

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
No, the e-mail was from October 31, 2011. Am I allowed to post the link to another forum? I have no idea.... lol.
I don't need the link, I believe you

Quote:
Way to drop the ball on Blaine Tom.
That is AWESOME though. Any ideas what protein sources they will be or what makes them different from the GF (other than being GF?)

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't need the link, I believe you

Way to drop the ball on Blaine Tom.
That is AWESOME though. Any ideas what protein sources they will be or what makes them different from the GF (other than being GF?)
It was duck, lamb, and...something else. I can't remember. They're going to be grain-inclusive, single source protein, and a different ratio then the 60/40.

And he came for our store meeting, so I'm sure he didn't forget about you.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
It was duck, lamb, and...something else. I can't remember.
I've been told that they are coming out with Duck & Bartlett Pear, are changing the Lamb & Apple's name to Lamb & Okanagan Apple, and are replacing Adult with Chicken & Burbank Potato.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 11-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I've been told that they are coming out with Duck & Bartlett Pear, are changing the Lamb & Apple's name to Lamb & Okanagan Apple, and are replacing Adult with Chicken & Burbank Potato.
^ Beat me to it.

Here in Canada, the Lamb & Apple isn't new, and the Chicken & Burbank Potato is a slightly modified version of the Acana Classic Adult formula. The Duck & Bartlett Pear is the only true new formula for both regions,a nd it's coming out in December IIRC. All three are being re-packaged under the Acana Singles line.

I'm assuming they're removing the milk thistle that was originally in these formulas which allows them to be sold in the States! It's about time.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014