Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 11-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Twin 2.0

I can't hug you through the screen nearly as much as you deserve, but I'm giving it my best shot.

RIP Miss Lucy.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 11-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Felurian

I can't help but think that Shiva and Lucy just might be really enjoying each other's company If Lucy can put up with Shiva's penchant for mothering everyone

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Top Dog

I was so glad to see you posting again in the fire hydrant, and so heartbroken when I realized what brought you here. Lucy personality shone through your posts and what you wrote about her here made me very emotional. ((hugs)), & prayers.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-12-2011, 09:15 PM
woof!

Sorry that this happened

Rest in peace sweet girl, you did a wonderful job to make people around you happy.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

so many sad posts lately. I'm so sorry for your loss, run free little Lucy.

My Boys
Chowder: 9 year old Chow mix
Eli: 2 year old Lab/Shar pei/Corgi mystery mutt
Old 11-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. Lucy will always be remembered.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I can't even tell you how much you guys all mean to me right now.
It's hard posting here because I keep catching myself talking about "my dogs," meaning Millie and Lucy. But I also feel like I need to be here, for several reasons, including the fact that my family (except my mom) are the people who keep saying she was just a dog, and "Too bad. Get another one. Sorry."

Basically I just appreciate all of you and I can't thank you enough for your support.

I just miss my little Lucy Goosey so much. There are no words.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Behavior Nerd

Get another one?! OMG I'm amazed you haven't punched someone yet. Looots of hugs from here!

Thought this might help given the circumstances:

Quote:
JUST A DOG

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog", I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog", but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man or woman."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog" just smile...because they "just don't understand."

by Richard Biby

Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Erin, that was absolutely beautiful. I've never seen that before. Thank you for posting it.
My heart has been torn out by the too-soon loss of "just a dog" and the comfort of "just a dog" is the only thing helping me keep my sanity right now. Millie can't cure my pain, it's not like another dog can replace another, but I really, really don't know what I would do without her. I don't even want to think about it.
And yes, I've wanted to strangle some people. Mostly when I've heard things like that, though, I just feel so much more devastation and helplessness I can't muster the anger to defend my feelings and the wonderful little dog who made my life brighter every single day.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm All Ears

More ((((hugs))))

People just don't understand. I honestly don't understand how you can have a dog in your life and NOT feel the way that people on chaz do about their animals. When Harry died I had a friend (good friend) act shocked that I cried when he died. I can't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of 'Yeah it's sad, but he was just a dog'...I don't know what my point really is but I just don't get it.

Lucy was very lucky to have YOU, someone who loved her and appreciated her for what she is. I think that's the best thing a dog could ever have.