Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 11-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Active Pup

Default Non-isolated nutrient dry dog food?

Hello, first post here

I'm looking for a holistic dog food that does not contain any isolated nutrients. Basically, if it lists vitamin d supplement or pantothenate, ascorbic acid, etc. I don't want my dogs to eat it.

I currently give my dogs whole food supplements so I just need something dry that gives them their nutrients from other whole meats and vegetables.

I've done raw and home cooked before but I don't have the time and storage for that now.

Does anyone know of a brand that only does dry whole foods?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

I really don't, sorry. :/ I like the idea of a dry food that is complete made from whole foods but I don't think it exists or is possible. If you want to do whole foods, you're looking at raw or home cooked which you say is not an option.

I don't really have any suggestions, sorry. Might have just to stick with a high end kibble.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Sport Model Pug

Your best bet would be a dehydrated food like this one:

http://www.k9natural.com/

But i tell you right now stuff like that is super pricey.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

I stand corrected.

But **** that stuff is expensive!!!!

Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Sport Model Pug

Oh one comes across many things working in a health food store for pets.

This is another option, but again i think it runs around $140 for the biggest bag:

http://carna4.com

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

You could grind raw ahead of time and freeze it in portions. Then even if you forget to that it you can feed it frozen. Grinding only because it's faster for a dog to eat and saves you time there.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 PM
*Now with Snark*

I have a link. http://www.nrgdogproducts.com/ As far as I know it's the only whole food dog food on the market

Here's an ingredient example

Dehydrated Cooked free range beef, naked oats, wheat germ, eggs, beef liver, carrots, grapefruit, winter squash, broccoli, cranberries, limes, papaya, apple, parsley, garlic, goat milk yogurt, flax seed, cider vinegar, egg shell, olive oil.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

I work at a pet food store, and the only brand of dry food that we carry that doesn't contain any added vitamins/minerals is Nature's Logic. They have chicken, lamb, venison, duck/salmon, and beef formulas. We sell a 26 lb bag for around $50-$70, depending on formula, and a 4.4 lb bag for $10-$15, so not super expensive.

http://www.natureslogic.com/products/dp.html

For an example, this is the ingredient listing of their chicken formula:
Quote:
INGREDIENTS: Chicken Meal, Millet, Chicken Fat, Montmorillonite Clay, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Egg Product, Spray Dried Chicken Liver, Pumpkin Seed, Porcine Plasma, Dried Kelp, Cottage Cheese, Alfalfa Meal, Egg Shell Meal, Dried Chicory, Dried Tomato, Almonds, Spray Dried Cod Liver Oil, Dried Apple, Dried Blueberry, Dried Apricot, Dried Carrot, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Cranberry, Dried Broccoli, Dried Spinach, Dried Parsley, Dried Artichoke, Rosemary, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Bifidium Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product, Dried Pineapple Extract, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachtium Fermentation Extract, Mixed Tocopherols.