Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Twin 2.0

Default Sawyer really is a dog...

It's funny how easy it is to forget that sometimes, because he's so well-behaved and we know each other well enough to be a tight-knit team, so I can usually tell what he's thinking.

Then there's times like today, where I handed him his chunk of goat and followed him into the backyard to drink my coffee while he ate breakfast. First he tried to go head to the neighbor's backyard (there's no fence between) to bury it under their lilac bush. I called him off of that and he spent the next 10 minutes standing right next to me, holding that chuck of meat, just being very indecisive. Finally I told him to "go on", which means "do whatever you want" and he very deliberately walked the stone path over to the steps, up those and then decided a stump looked like a good spot, quickly dug a hole, dropped in the goat and shoved it with his nose to be as under the stump as possible, then nosed a bunch of dirt and leaves over it until he was satisfied.

Obviously he felt it needed some aging or dirt seasoning or something, LOL.

Today was also the day I discovered that our backyard is apparently the "teen boy thoroughfare" when three kids from the house behind us just came traipsing through our gate, through the yard and garden and shimmied up the young aspen so they could hop over the fence. I was sitting on the patio just watching them--they had no clue I was there--then Sawyer sort of whined around the goat chunk and they all froze. I really wanted to tell them that he was holding part of the last kids who trespassed but settled for startling them and asking if they'd latched the gate.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:54 PM
& the Muttly Crew

lol...is the goat chunk still there or did he retrieve it?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Twin 2.0

It's still there, but I'm going to take my book outside for a bit along with him and hope that he'll go dig it up and eat it.

I never thought of him as a picky eater until recently. Doesn't much care for whole tilapia, not a big fan of goat...does super love his elk, beef, chicken and turkey though.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Twin 2

Lies!!! He's not a dog. Don't say things like that about the merle boy.

But seriously, I know exactly what you mean. And I find it really funny that those kids just use your yard like that. I would never in a million years ever consider going through a fenced in yard like that.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Twin 2.0

We're going to be locking the gate from now on at any rate.