Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Ferret Keeper

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh! good going gambit
Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Top Dog

Gambit says thank you for the praise. Unfortunatly, he also has developed a raging bronchial infection, and refuses to pose for photo's with green snot dripping from him nose. He's almost totally over his fear that the camera will eat his soul, so I promise pics when he's feeling better.
I've been wanting to share pics forever, but he was so terrified of the camera that it looked like I was abusing him every moment. Not exactly the shots you want people to see!
As an added bonus, after three weeks on meds, he had gained three much needed pounds! One more and he'll be perfect, and I'll be one of those people who actually has to cut down on his food, rather then trying everything to tempt him.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Bite Club

Glad he is doing better - Hope he feels better soon.

Have you tried it without flash, or changing the camera? Maybe use a phone? Probably the flash freaked him out at some point and now everytime he sees it, it scares him. That happened with one of my dad's dogs... Ironically, he was also told that she was part coyote but we never got any tests done to prove it.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 09-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

I've tried most things with him. What I suspect happened, was that he was brought into the shelter terrified and feral (mom was feral), and had a camera shoved in his face for his 'adopt me' picture.

Then it was to a 10x10 cage for six months, where he wasn't ever handled or moved. When I emailed about him, I requested some updated pics. So they probably hauled him out, stuck him in a scary room with a bunch of strangers and shoved the camera right back in his poor face.

Luckily he's made a lot of progress, oddly enough, using my cat. She's adores the camera, and Gambit adores her, not to mention the treats that come out during photo sessions, so we've been able to desensitive him over the months.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:19 PM
On second thought...

AH! Congratulations! Woot woot! Yay Gambit!

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Yah!!!

I am just so happy for you and Gamit, sounds like you two are making huge progress!!!

Keep at er' Gambit!!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff