Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

There are so many people out there who tried prey model raw as a last ditch effort for many of the problems you list.... and their dogs have had zero problems since. I really doubt you'll see improvement until you take steps to change whats going into him. JMO.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

I have an update. I went to my regular vet yesterday with the cats, and Fleetwood tagged along. I talked to her about everything.

She said that the panosteitis would explain it all. She said that it is, in some form, an auto-immune disease. So I guess his immune system flares every time he has inflammation in his legs... And the skin, behavior, digestive problems, etc can all be attributed to this disease.

She gave me prednisone to use if he has a really bad day, and that should help. She herself is a autoimmune patient, so she could relate!

Does that sound right?

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, with the panosteitis being immune, it does sound right. You might look into some alternative therapies for that (I have no idea what is out there). Maybe you'll find something useful, maybe you won't.