Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Chazhound Dog Meets

Old 08-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Default Chaz Camping Trip

So, I recently went camping for the first time ever.

And...it was AWESOME. There were a couple of dogs there, and I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a mass Chaz camping trip. I'd of course, like to do it ASAP, but I think we'd need to give pretty good notice and also do it when the weather is warm.

I went in PA at a really great state park (Weiser State Park), but if we could find a similar state park anywhere from about Virginia up to Maine I could probably swing it....DC area has a ton of us, plus it's warmer, but maybe some Canadians could come to one further north? Or, if we did do it in PA, it would be central to our Ohio group and stuff...

We could also even carpool, if people don't drive or even to save on gas/whatever, we could figure out who is driving through where and who they could pick up.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Top Dog

I think this is a pretty cool idea. Not sure I could make it to one that far east, but there's nothing to stop us from doing multiple ones in different areas.

I've seen carpooling work well for non-dog events (and dog events that are just for the day), but for me if I'm bringing dogs and camping gear, my car will be stuffed already.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I think this is a pretty cool idea. Not sure I could make it to one that far east, but there's nothing to stop us from doing multiple ones in different areas.

I've seen carpooling work well for non-dog events (and dog events that are just for the day), but for me if I'm bringing dogs and camping gear, my car will be stuffed already.
Yeah, I was hoping if we did one it would inspire other areas...and it would also be cool if we could organize a few for the same weekend and then kind of compare

I guess it depends on individual cars and stuff...I would probably not be bringing a dog, and if a friend and I took the jeep, I could easily fit one person and one dog + their gear. Plus my parents have a roof rack storage container thing, and if we borrowed that, could easily fit 2 people + 2 large dogs or more.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Felurian

There's an amazing campground at Cave Springs, VA. It's one of the first National Parks, gorgeous, great camping areas, man made lake with a weir dam.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-24-2011, 03:02 AM
Cloudcandy

Im really desperate to try camping now that I got a dawwwwg!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Top Dog

Renee, I couldn't find a Cave Springs National Park in VA on google maps...do you have any links to their site or anything?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Felurian

Cave Springs Recreation Area - Virginia Is For Lovers

It's in the Jefferson National Forest. I forgot that's how it turns up in the National Parks It's really beautiful, it was developed under FDR's Civilian Conservation Corp.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Top Dog

Maybe we should pick a number of campsites and vote?

I'm also thinking it's probably too late to do this for this year, does anyone know anything about camping in the mid-atlantic region in early October? And would anyone be able to do it on such short notice?

Old 08-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Felurian

It should be nice there on into October. You might not want to swim, but the dogs would.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-24-2011, 04:18 PM
treehugging clicker freak

LOVE the idea! I weekend thing would be perfect for us & traveling Camping is just <3
Although I'm now camperless so I'd have to tent it

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o