Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 09-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Alpha Dog

I have too much in it now...

It will take some cheaper aftermarket lenses, but I hear they aren't as good quality. The EOS line of lenses are expensive for the good ones but well worth it and easy to work.

Canon offers the world's largest selection of autofocus lenses. My Cannon EOS Digital Rebel is compatible with the EF Lenses, EF-S Lens and most EX series Speedlites. The EOS Digital Rebel accepts over 50 of these lenses, from ultra wide-angle to super telephoto, plus fish-eye, macro and tilt-shift lenses

When I upgrade down the road, my lenses will be compatible with the EOS line of cameras by Canon:
EOS-1Ds Digital
EOS-1D Mark II Digital
EOS 20D Digital
EOS 10D Digital

I expected to use Canon brand lenses anyhow as they tell me they are excellent. The camera is perfect for a camera dumb guy like me... love the pic quality too. Just have to practice with it more now.

Chazhound
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cannon-lenses.jpg (17.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Felurian

So far the Tamron lenses are the only aftermarket lenses I'm willing to use, and I do prefer the Nikons, but if I run across a killer deal on a Tamron I'm willing to snag it.

It sounds like Canon figured out why their initial big sales on the EOS suddenly slacked off and fixed the problem. When they first came out with the EOS line their lenses were outrageous compared to the other top lines. Even Nikon lenses weren't as pricey. Glad to hear it; they're an extremely good line.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Alpha Dog

I will have to remember Tamron. The cannon lenses can get very expensive. I know several pros with Nikons, and they wouldn't trade them for nothing. But after trying them, I thought the learning curve as over my head to take good pics. Alot to learn in this stuff. The Cannon is still a learning curve, but my dog pictures looked better

Chazhound
Old 09-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Felurian

It seems like I've always ended up taking photos in impossible conditions. I'd had a nice Minolta until my sister took off with it to college (unbeknownst to me when she packed) and "lost" it when she wanted a fancier camera.

The excuse/rationalization for the Nikon was doing the wrestling shows. I had to have something that would give me a lot of latitude in differing light conditions and make the best of some real garbage situations. I can't remember when I've taken indoor photos with any semblance of adequate light! lol
Old 10-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Active Pup

Talking

Cute pup....Great job on the photoshop.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:21 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I cannot believe that pic. You realllly have all those lens? That is just incredible..how many do you use on a regular basis?