Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Top Dog

Wink Thanks guys!

Thanks to you Chaz Training Forum participants, for all of your kinds words regarding my absence! I will try to check in more often!

Doberluv and I are friends. We met in another forum and have been lucky enough to have gotten together with one of the other members, twice now. She is a wonderful teacher in the pro-positive methods of dog training. I'm a bit more "old school", (minus the corrections), in favor of communication through "attitude". Her input in my work with dogs, has been invaluable!

I am currently working on materials, I hope can be used to help the next generation of dog trainers and behaviorists, help their clients better understand how their behavior effects their dog and how to read their dog's body language. Isn't that a mouthful!

Anyway, I've missed you guys, and will try to stick around more!

Reward the good, ignore the bad, and always remember to duck during the temper tantrums!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein

Here's to you, Jane Goodall. So much insight into the mind of a species from someone who's never trained a single chimp.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Love my pets

Glad you check in. The work you're doing for dog trainers & behaviorists sounds interesting.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Top Dog

Yes, I really like your posts! Do try to stick around!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Are you dead yet?

Stick around Angelique! I love reading your posts.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Top Dog

Angelique,

I do hope you post lots. You are such a great help to people with your insightfulness about dogs. Your kind words of me are highly exaggerated, but nontheless very appreciated.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Top Dog

Doberluv,

You've earned the compliment! I am very interested in different training methods and philosophies AND who is successful in their use of them.

I appreciate it when people share their experiences and site specific examples of what they do and how their methods work for them. Each relationship between two living beings is unique, and every interaction is a learning experience.

Reward the good, ignore the bad, and always remember to duck during the temper tantrums!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein

Here's to you, Jane Goodall. So much insight into the mind of a species from someone who's never trained a single chimp.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Top Dog

Thanks Angelique.

How come the quote tages aren't working? Something is messed up here. Anyhow, here is what Angelique wrote: LOL.

Each relationship between two living beings is unique, and every interaction is a learning experience.

That is sooooooo true. When, for instance, I relate to someone something that worked for me and they try it and say it didn't work for them, how do I know what minute nuances which come from our personalities, the dogs' personalities, experiences etc come into play? Every little individual thing can make somewhat of a difference in the outcome. So, that is why the best thing is to not only read and learn but to experience lots of dogs so that one gets a feel for their individual body language as well as canine body language as a specie. When you grow up and work with animals from the time you're little, some of this stuff becomes second nature and when you describe something to someone new with dogs, you probably leave things out because you're just assuming or not even thinking about some small detail. Ok...I'm rambling. Sorry.

But definitely, there is never a ceasing of learning something new. Dogs, the way they perceive things, the way we communicate withe eachother, how they bond with us, how they got this way.... is my life. I never tire of learning and watching them.