Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Active Pup

Default Feet Layers, anyone?

Anyone else a dog that just HAS to lay by or on your feet?

Zim my Belgian Malinois x Afghan Hound always has to squeeze under the computer desk and lay on my feet or a centimeter away! I find it to be the most annoying thing though! Numerous times I whack him in the head, or step on him - yet he insists on being there! Plus, in summer due to his long coat it makes my feet feel like they are going to burn off!

*sigh* Dogs.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Bamm is pretty much always at my feet no matter where I am. I've pretty much gotten used to it over the years.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Top Dog

Gavroche likes to lay on my feet and I LOVE it. Logan lays on my legs when I'm in bed.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Top Dog

I wish my dogs would lay on my feet! My feet get cold in the winter and I prefer to go barefoot in the house, it'd be nice to have a foot warmer. I've been trying to teach Keegan to lay on my legs in bed, when my legs are sore after a long day on my feet the pressure feels really good. But he doesn't lay for very long in general yet, so maybe as he gets older.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
But he doesn't lay for very long in general yet, so maybe as he gets older.
Logan didn't start until maybe 6 months ago, and he's 26 months old now. He used to NEVER sleep n bed and now he's in bed almost every night and stays put most of the night. He WILL get up if I cover him with a blanket. He hates being covered up.

Gavroche from day one slept next to me under the blankets and never moved until I practically drag him out of bed lol.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Logan didn't start until maybe 6 months ago, and he's 26 months old now. He used to NEVER sleep n bed and now he's in bed almost every night and stays put most of the night.
20 months?? He'll sleep in my bed if he's pretty tired, but I haven't let him spend the night in my bed because, honestly, my bed's too small and I end up kicking him out. But it would be nice if he would nap on top of my legs, we're working on it.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

Not really, my saluki will lie by my feet if the couch and the dog beds are taken, if he is in the mood for lovin'. Neither of my Afghan hounds want anything to do with lying by my feet!

Maci I would love to see pics of your pup! I love seeing Afghan hound crosses!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Felurian

Not this bunch (don't even want to think of Kharma laying on my feet, lol), but my Bear used to, as well as sit on them if we were standing someplace.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Mutts to you

My current dogs, no, not really - Riley does, once in a great while, but he prefers snoozing on the couch or in a dog bed. My old rottie mix, Emily, liked to lay or sit on my feet - my feet were warm but since she weighed about 110 lbs., they would also be numb.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 12-09-2012, 01:11 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Cookie lays by my feet when I am at my desk, and uses them as a pillow. I have a sort of executive desk that sits in the middle of my room, though, so she's not squished into a dead-end cave...she can splay out across the floor and there's air movement. I think it's cute.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13