Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 06-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Active Pup

Default Poor Chi-Chi!!!

My mother in-law had to put there 8 year old rottweiler down this morning, her name was chi chi. well, she developed cataracts in both eyes at a very young age, and hip problems where she walked funny, her eyes where so bad she had to learn to walk without seeing. they couldnt move the furniture around for the last 5 years because she new where everything was. we had to carry her inside and out side cause she wouldnt use the steps cause she couldnt see them, people would tell them they should put her to sleep for the past years. Why? just cause you cant see didnt mean she didnt enjoy life, she loved to go outside and roll in the grass, she loved people, she loved everything and learned life in a different way. a week ago she had a week full of pooping on the floor and everywhere, and we thought she was just sick.. well last night i saw her flipping around on the floor, i thought she was rolling like she usually does for a scratch.. it wasnt. she was having a stroke i think. we had to hold her down cause she was hitting her head off the floor, finally it stopped but she was all messed up and couldnt walk because her back legs were not working.. thats when they decided it was time.. they had 3 rotts in the past and knew what to look for when its time.. the last rott they had they let it go on to long and they decided not to let the dog suffer anymore.. i have to say, i have NEVER seen my father in laww cry the 5 years ive known him. RIP Chi chi, you where my cuddle bug every weekend!

Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Felurian

It sounds like Chi Chi was cherished her whole time with your family and was let go to speed on her next journey on wings of love. I know you will miss her terribly. The time will come, soon, I hope for you, when you can start to remember her and smile with less sadness.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Love my pets

I'm so sorry to hear about Chi Chi. May she be running free with all our loved one.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Active Pup

Default chi chi

thank u! she was loved by everyone, never bit anyone in her life, i guess her problems with blindeness and hip problems was caused by bad breeding